Windows 10: Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.

Discus and support Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So we know a repair installation is a powerful tool given in windows 10 which can repair current windows installed image without any loss of app -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SourabhShete, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.

Hi,

So we know a repair installation is a powerful tool given in windows 10 which can repair current windows installed image without any loss of app - personal data- (and or personal settings).

But I am not sure about what happens to a domain/workgroup account laptop.

If I try a repair installation of Windows 10 on such a laptop:

Will my computer name change?

Are there any chances of my user profile settings to be deleted and hence result in disconnection from workgroup?

What exactly might get lost in the process?

Regards,

Sourabh

:)

SourabhShete, Feb 14, 2019

2. W10 Won't Install Because of Domain

Check in the System properties to see if it lists a domain. I've blocked out my domain and computer name, but this screen will tell you if it is a workgroup or a domain.

The problem is, you don't just accidentally join a domain. Someone isn't giving you all the information. In order to join a domain, you need an authorized account on that domain, a computer account created on that domain, and a domain controller to answer an authenticate the computer. That doesn't happen automatically.

You should also look in to how the user is logging in. If it is with a local, non-domain account, you may be able to remove the computer from the domain and put it back on a workgroup. Assuming this is an activated computer, I would probably back up the data, wipe it clean, install Windows 10, and then activate with the Windows 8.1 key.

Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account. [​IMG]

DeaconFrost, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Feb 14, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.

Windows 7 Workgroup help in setting up password

Thanks for the suggestion, but have done what mussels and the other guy said, I've made user accounts via Computer management console\Local Users and Groups\Users.

I've set up an account where we admins can control the specific shared folder when logged in remotely *Smile Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account. :).

My only problem is due to the command I tinkered with "net use \\PC-01\IPC$ /del" on computer #1, made it disappear from the network/workgroup even if it is joined there.

Would making it join a fake workgroup eg. workgroup and re joining the original one "501 Computers" fix it?

EDIT: No need for domain things, this just a small lan of 6 computers 1 of them just named as a Server (not really a dedicated server machine).

psyko12, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.

1. Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account. - Similar Threads - Repair Installation domain

2. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  3. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain: I don't have problem giving LocalSystem account default for windows services access to domain shared folders. My most customers are small shops, and they use workgroups; few computers connected to router/wifi same network etc. Setting up a shared folder for users on...
  6. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain: I don't have problem giving LocalSystem account default for windows services access to domain shared folders. My most customers are small shops, and they use workgroups; few computers connected to router/wifi same network etc. Setting up a shared folder for users on...
  7. Windows 10 service account localSystem access to shared folder in workgroup, not in domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?: I have a personal domain name (mydomain.com) and it resolves to my home IP but I don't have AD or any Windows servers setup in my home network. For 1 single PC w/ Windows 10 installed, should I specify mydomain.com in the Domain name or specify a Workgroup? What happens if I...
  9. Domain and Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  10. Missing domain for Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default domain or workgroup for clean install of win 10