Windows 10: Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters

Discus and support Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (l'm using my PS4 for this; please excuse any format errors.) In early October, I got a disk repair error. Upon going through the process, it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvilNinjaX24, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters

(l'm using my PS4 for this; please excuse any format errors.)

In early October, I got a disk repair error. Upon going through the process, it wouldn't successfully complete - got that System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt issue. After several online tutorials failed me, as well as not being able to reinstall from a USB, I installed Win 7 from my old CD, which enabled me to successfully install Win 10 from my USB. Files recovered, and all was good... until last week.

Disk error, restart to repair. Since it was late, I start the repair process and go to bed. Eightish hours later, it's still running. Fourteenish hours after starting, it finally finishes only to start again. We have achieved Loop. I try some tutorials, but what I was seeing online wasn't meshing with what I was seeing on my PC. Disk drives and partitions and such. Wonderful.

I started reinstalling Win 10, took a shower and stuff while it ran. Got back, and it was back on the install screen. Figuring something went sideways, my dumbass started the process again. Come to find out that it rebooted, but took me back to the USB boot. This time, I remove the flash when it's time for reboot, and... Repair Loop.

Now, I have THREE Win 10 installations, and a Repair Loop. I attempt to install Win 7 again, 'cause I've gone this far and I'm I'm desperate, but I get this fun message when selecting the C Drive:

"The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

In addition, my C Drive is saying "System Reserved."

So, I clearly F'd up, and this is a complete shot in the dark, but I'm asking for any help I can get. My hardware is all over eight years old (500 GB HDD drive, which I fear is the issue). I can't afford a pro or replacements, and I'd like to save my files, but that seems like a pipedream and not at all realistic at this point.

Thank you for reading.

(also posted in r/techsupport)

submitted by /u/EvilNinjaX24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvilNinjaX24, Nov 22, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 22, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 22, 2020
  4. larry Win User

Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters

larry, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters

1. Repair Loop and Other Fine Disasters - Similar Threads - Repair Loop Fine

2. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  3. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  4. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. It is a disaster !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is a disaster !!!: Hello Sir/Madam: The quality of my pc is dropping down ! Today, all at once, many of the "icons", around 1/3, on my screen can not open !! They are cut off from the internet! I have been using the window for around two decades, never saw such serious...
  6. Junk Email, Focused and Other Emails Disaster!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk Email, Focused and Other Emails Disaster!: I have lost my junk emails, I now have Focused and Other emails which I dislike and don't want. Why can't Microsoft change something and actually make improvements … for a change. Just saying....
  7. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  8. Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Loop: My HP computer is stuck in a repair loop. I am running windows 10. I currently have the computer running in safe mode but I cannot start the computer normally without being caught in a loop....
  9. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair loop: Im stuck in a repair loop, happend when I was updating windows10. I have tried almost everything on this forum Fix: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC. Gonna leave some pictures, can please some tech genius tell me what to do. [img] [img] [img] 82882
  10. Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster: Alright so, i installed windows 10 had it working for about a week my graphics card was away for repair and when i finally got it back i tried installing it only to discover my PCI slot on my mobo was bad. So i ordered a new mobo when i got the new mobo in the mail i...