Windows 10: repair mbr on second drive in a pc?

Discus and support repair mbr on second drive in a pc? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok, more issues, my clone was working good, i then switched from selective startup to full in msconfig, on the reboot it gives me a stopcode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 22, 2020.

1. repair mbr on second drive in a pc?

ok, more issues, my clone was working good, i then switched from selective startup to full in msconfig, on the reboot it gives me a stopcode
    system32\winload.exe 0xc000000e type error.
    So I pulled drive and I see the files fine on another PC where it is in that system now.

Is there some commands I can run on the drive to fix this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

can something like that be done from within this version of windows while its running?
    How to Fix Boot Error 0xc000000e on Windows 10 - Appuals.com

:)

sdowney717, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Dec 22, 2020
  4. slance310 Win User

repair mbr on second drive in a pc?

Move Windows 10 from an MBR drive to GPT drive?

Hi,

The machine does need to be using the UEFI Bios to boot with a 3TB drive...

The drive also needs to be GPT...

If your old drive is MBR, your machine is probably not using UEFI...

MBR is a Legacy partition type and normally won't boot on a UEFI System...

UEFI machines normally boot from a small EFI partition, which is a different process than Legacy Bios...

I would suggest switching your BIOS to UEFI and trying to boot again...

If that fails, create bootable Win 10 installation media on a Flash Drive, boot with it...

Select REPAIR on the lower left of the INSTALL screen...

Select "Troubleshoot"... Then "Advanced"... Then Startup Repair...

Automatic Startup Repair may start before you get a chance to make a selection...

If that happens and it doesn't work, try again with the manual selection of Startup Repair...

Hopefully this will fix the problem... provided there was not an issue with the cloning...

slance310, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

repair mbr on second drive in a pc?

1. repair mbr on second drive in a pc? - Similar Threads - repair mbr second

2. How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I repair MBR on my external hard drive: I have a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive that I purchased in 2015 when I purchased my Lenovo gaming laptop. Years later, I found the external hard drive in a box today. I recall several years ago that the external just stopped working suddenly. I used it for several months...
  3. move mbr to new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move mbr to new drive: I have two drives, each with windows 10 installed, my old samsung 850 pro and a new samsung 970 evo plus (both 500GB). Right now when I boot up my PC windows asks me which drive I want to run and it boots into whichever drive is chosen. The problem is that I want to wipe the...
  4. Problems after repairing MBR

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after repairing MBR: Hi all, First time poster here that is hoping for a little help possibly. Hopefully this isn’t too long winded, just want to give as much info as possible to help with a solution. PC specs: Dell XPS 9000 (I know its old, but it still works for what I need) Win 10 (early...
  5. MBR on my F:\ Drive!?!?

MBR on my F:\ Drive!?!?: Hello! I just curious that my M.2 , SSD and a HHD. I have notice that my SSD f:\ drive is MBR (Master Boot Record) So I thought should be on M.2 C:\ drive! So My M.2 Samsung is not MBR which is using Windows OS !!!! [img] Do I worry with this? Please let me know and...
  6. REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT

REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT: I have the following: Thinkpad Edge E540 Samsung 256GB SSD 8GB DDR3 Windows 10 Pro up to date I had to do a job in Linux and had set up a dual-boot setup which worked fine. I don't need Linux Mint any longer and had to recover drive space. So far, so good. When the...
  7. Mixing drives with GPT and MBR

Mixing drives with GPT and MBR: All the drives in an old computer are MBR drives. Windows 10 is installed on one of these drives. A friend gave me a 2T disk drive which is GPT. I installed the drive and the computer seems to recognize it . Can I leave it as a GPT drive or should I convert it to MBR. This...
  8. Mixing drives with GPT and MBR

in Windows 10 Support
    Mixing drives with GPT and MBR: All the drives in an old computer are MBR drives. Windows 10 is installed on one of these drives. A friend gave me a 2T disk drive which is GPT. I installed the drive and the computer seems to recognize it . Can I leave it as a GPT drive or should I convert it to MBR. This...
  9. mbr and gpt on the same drive

mbr and gpt on the same drive: so a clean install on a crucial mx500 ssd. used uefi from usb stick to install windows so that it would create the gpt partition. all updates installed fine and when i checked the drive using a portable partition manager, i had a system reserved partition, an mbr partition,...
  10. Repair MBR?

Repair MBR?: I've been trying to sort out my CPU overclock lately and as Windows crashed and restarted due to an unstable overclock I neglected to to run the file scan that was presented on the next boot. It now appears my MBR may be damaged. It doesn't appear catastrophic but boot up is...