Windows 10: Repair MS .doc file from Mac

Discus and support Repair MS .doc file from Mac in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an MS .doc file (note NOT .docx) that's become corrupted. I'm using a Mac but it won't open the file either in Pages or Preview. I've also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bandy, Jan 22, 2021.

1. bandy Win User

Repair MS .doc file from Mac

I have an MS .doc file (note NOT .docx) that's become corrupted. I'm using a Mac but it won't open the file either in Pages or Preview. I've also tried opening it in Libre office but, again. it can't open it.

I've used Stellar Recover to recover the .doc although it's not the recovery that's the problem, it's the corruption of the file and, again, it can't fix it.

Has anyone got any suggestions to fix the corrupted file - I don't want to pay for new software?

Thanks in advance

bandy, Jan 22, 2021

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

Unable Search for .odt (LibreOffice Docs) file formats using File Contents.

Hello,

I just want to let you know that the search still does not work.

I have also tried the File Explore by using a keyword, ".odt: keyword."

The result shows only .odt doc files with names which include the keyword.

No .odt doc files which contain the keyword in the body.

As mentioned in the original post, I have done everything that was suggested including:

1. Run the DISM Tool.
    2. Run the System File Checker utility.
    I hope that someone knows how to resolve the issue.

Dr. Musou, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Repair MS .doc file from Mac - Similar Threads - Repair doc file

2. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  3. MS for Mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS for Mac: I previously had MS Windows 10 installed on my MacBook. I sent it in for repairs last week and it looks like it has been reset to factory settings. Is there a way to reinstall without having to purchase another version?...
  4. Jpeg files from Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jpeg files from Mac: I have some .jpeg files I was given by a MAC owner that will not open. I have tried Photos, Gallery and Adobe Photoshop. I get a message that the files may be damaged or corrupted. These files can be opened on the MAC. I have tries renaming them to .jpg with no luck. Is there...
  5. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...
  6. MS Office> Libraries>docs

MS Office> Libraries>docs: Is there a way I can remove the A-H, I - P etc in Documents? MS.... REALLY! No one needs these, we can all read. Can anyone tell me how to remove these ? thx...
  7. Save Word doc on Windows for Mac

Save Word doc on Windows for Mac: I just tried saving a file, the same way I have done for years and am now getting an error code and cannot save a file.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-word-doc-on-windows-for-mac/c39779b3-a69f-416f-a436-92c425c7f203"
  8. File Transfer from Mac to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Transfer from Mac to Windows: I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to the tablet to start transferring, nothing pops up. The light on the external appears for a few seconds then nothing. What can...
  9. MAc doc conversion to windows doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAc doc conversion to windows doc: I generated a document on my Macbook Air but I need to change it to a windows doc. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mac-doc-conversion-to-windows-doc/a667cb62-d7be-40a2-b567-de5927abf585
  10. Cant save MS Word docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant save MS Word docs: Since i have upgraded to Win 10 i can no longer save any documents i create with MS Word. I try to save and this error messages pops up every time, and now i cant save any projects i create. 22458