Windows 10: Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen

Discus and support Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using Window 10, did repair off of disc and now the program just dies on the splash screen. Tried all compatibility settings, run as administrator and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveGetzler, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen

Using Window 10, did repair off of disc and now the program just dies on the splash screen. Tried all compatibility settings, run as administrator and all the troubleshooting and no solution. Was working fine except for a scenery issue and was the reason for the repair. Don't tell me I have to reinstall FSX please. This can't be!!! HELP!! Yes, I have SP2 installed and as mentioned, started fine before the repair but was missing a scenery file.

:)

SteveGetzler, Jul 31, 2019

2. FSX delux edition

We have FSX Steam edition on our windows 10 which works fine but we also have FSX deluxe edition which we have add-ons for. we loaded this edition onto our pc, it loaded fine but we can't find it on the pc to play it. Can anyone suggest anything please.

JanetStocks, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    FSX - A Fatal Error Occurred

What I said was, that when FSX goes loads to the Splash screen, it checks those various items mentioned before proceeding to the Main Menu. Since you are being forced to wait ten minutes prior to the Splash screen and then the fatal error dialogue appears,
    indicates that FSX cannot continue to load to the main screen because of some conflict (whether with windows, FSX config., or add ons installed in FSX). Therefore, I suggested that you uninstall your recent add ons (as described in my post) and see what
    the situation is. If an error still comes up, then if you report the details of that error.

The suggestion is made at this level of your FSX installation rather than you having to uninstall FSX and therefore all your add ons and lose all your settings.

Chriso747, Jul 31, 2019
  4. ou toppie Win User

Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen

windows 10 graphics and fsx

Good day All
    first post so I hope it is in the correct place.
    I upgraded from W7 to W10 and the only problem I had with fsx was that my 2nd monitor(acer AL1715) will only show the right hand half of the screen when I drag a screenshot from the No1 monitor(Samsung syncmaster p2350).
    When NOT in fsx the 2nd monitor shows full screen if I drag from No1 screen.
    Seems like it is a compatibility problem if it will work ok when not in fsx.
    I know the acer is old monitor but W10 must have accepted the old driver for this if it shows ok when not in fsx.
    I have asked this question in the FS forums but no suggestions.
    can anyone help please
    I thanks
    Mike

ou toppie, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen

1. Repair option FSX Deluxe causes FSX to crash on splash screen - Similar Threads - Repair option FSX

2. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  3. FSX crashes unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX crashes unexpectedly: The game will just crash out of the blue when playing FSX. Here's the dump file analysis:******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  4. FSX

in Windows 10 Customization
    FSX: I bought FSX on disc a year or so ago. It came with an acceleration disc. I loaded the FSX discs and the game has been working fine. Last week I thought it was time to add on the acceleration expansion pack. It took a couple of tries, it worked fine but only for 30...
  5. ProblemSSSS with FSX Deluxe Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProblemSSSS with FSX Deluxe Edition: Hello, I've been having problems lately to the point where I uninstalled my FSX and re-installed it from scratch. After re-install, I installed SP1. Then when trying to install SP2, the only option I had was to un-install it... the problem is I hadn't installed it yet. So I...
  6. FSX delux edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX delux edition: We have FSX Steam edition on our windows 10 which works fine but we also have FSX deluxe edition which we have add-ons for. we loaded this edition onto our pc, it loaded fine but we can't find it on the pc to play it. Can anyone suggest anything please....
  7. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: I am unable to register FSX or the Expansion what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx/f4d2ee73-b82a-42e8-b6ce-7ee61cafdc0c
  8. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: Hello. I have the FSX Gold Edition with the 3 discs. Disc 1, Disc 2 and Acceleration Pack. I have both product keys however I have misplaced disc 1 and my new computer has no disc drive. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to install it on my new computer....
  9. FSX keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FSX keeps crashing: I have Microsoft FSX Deluxe Edition with the sp2 update. The game keeps crashing before a flight or a hour in. I never had this problem umtil I upgraded to windows 10' Here is the crash report; Version=1 EventType=APPCRASH EventTime=131762301668069881 ReportType=2 Consent=1...
  10. FSX will not install, repair or remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX will not install, repair or remove: After upgrading to 10, I started having problems with Microsoft Flight Simulator, with it periodically failing. Having a number of scenery addons installed, through the control panel I uninstalled all that I could find listed there. After that I found that the program folder...