Windows 10: Repair question

Discus and support Repair question in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all. Im needing help fixing whatever is wrong with my laptop. it started out just not allowing me to save pictures. Then i tried to reset it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AustinTheKid111, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Repair question

Hello all. Im needing help fixing whatever is wrong with my laptop. it started out just not allowing me to save pictures. Then i tried to reset it and it gives me error code 0x000012f. so i opened my command prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow. then it came back and said windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. so then i tried to pull up the cbs file log and it tells me "cannot open %windir%logscbscbs.log" and at this point im completley stuck. all this started happening after i installed a new windows update. and as usual i cant get anyone on the phone from microsoft and id love for my thousand dollar laptop to not be messed up.

:)

AustinTheKid111, Jul 7, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 7, 2020
  3. In-place Repair Question

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, It may effect the system 32 files and other saved data.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Step 2:

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply us back with the update of the issue to assist you further.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 7, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Repair question

I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Repair question

1. Repair question - Similar Threads - Repair question

2. Just got laptop back from repair, question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got laptop back from repair, question: I recently had my motherboard and gpu fail on my Alienware 17 R3. Dell shipped it to them and it arrived with 2 separate installs of Windows on both hard drives. How do I delete the 2nd install without corrupting my system and having to reinstall everything all over again?I...
  3. Just got laptop back from repair, question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got laptop back from repair, question: I recently had my motherboard and gpu fail on my Alienware 17 R3. Dell shipped it to them and it arrived with 2 separate installs of Windows on both hard drives. How do I delete the 2nd install without corrupting my system and having to reinstall everything all over again?I...
  4. Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS: The following thread was locked since further steps were not needed: i can't use dism from bootable flash drive - Microsoft CommunityAnother member on these forums named "Questions_" gave a very clear step by step method to repair a broken OS. I reached the end of the above...
  5. Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS: The following thread was locked since further steps were not needed: i can't use dism from bootable flash drive - Microsoft CommunityAnother member on these forums named "Questions_" gave a very clear step by step method to repair a broken OS. I reached the end of the above...
  6. Question for Questions_ Can't repair OS

7. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  8. Question about repairing Windows 10

Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  9. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Preparing automatic repair how do I get my laptop to move on from this question. Unable to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing automatic repair how do I get my laptop to move on from this question. Unable to...: Unable to use my laptop. When I start my laptop a message appears on the screen PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR. Laptop shuts down . That’s as far as I can get. If I try again, it starts a looping of the same message. Cannot use my laptop. HELP! HELP!...