Windows 10: Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home

Discus and support Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last year, my PC died, so I bought a refurbished PC from a local shop. It came with Win 10 Pro installed, but a couple of months ago, it gave me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Doc Sheldon, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home

Last year, my PC died, so I bought a refurbished PC from a local shop. It came with Win 10 Pro installed, but a couple of months ago, it gave me a notice that Windows wasn't activated. When I tried to activate it, it said this:

"We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error code: 0xC004F074"

So I'm guessing that the version the shop installed was different from what it should have been - an organization-level installation. My question is this:

I have an official Microsoft DVD (I bought it at a retail shop) of Windows 10 Home - Full Version, 64-bit. But I just noticed that on the COA, it says "for OEM". Since it's never been installed anywhere and the COA is still on the sleeve, this should be good, right?

Is there a way for me to repair or replace with that, the non-activated Windows 10 Pro that's currently installed, without jeopardizing all my files on my drive? Or do I need to move a few metric tons of files off my drive, then format it and start from scratch?

:)

Doc Sheldon, Dec 16, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home

1. Repair/replace organization install of Win 10 Pro with virgin OEM install of Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Repair replace organization

2. How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace a NEW WIN 11 install with win 10 Pro: I retired from the corporate hamster wheel in April & the company as one of the gifts to me gave me a new laptop a gaming spec Nitro Acer & they installed a new win 11 for me. ***SO NOTE THIS IS NOT A ROLL BACK... but replace win 11 with win 10 Sorry for capitals but all the...
  3. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro: Can I permanently replace the WIN 10 Home Single Language OEM version that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro? So that, when I am resetting my laptop, it will stay forever at WIN 10 Pro, not WIN 10 Home...
  4. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro: Can I permanently replace the WIN 10 Home Single Language OEM version that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro? So that, when I am resetting my laptop, it will stay forever at WIN 10 Pro, not WIN 10 Home...
  5. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  8. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Win 10 repair install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 repair install: Since upgrading from Win 7/64 to win 10/64 am getting startup issues such as "page faults". Device manager is fine, hdd is fine, ram is fine, however sfc shows rasman.dll errors. Have tried re-registering the file without success. So I was wondering how does one do a...