Windows 10: repair restart loop

Discus and support repair restart loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; while on Twitter last night my computer abruptly shut down and when it automatically restarted, it said that it had to repair disc errors and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sean D12a, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Sean D12a Win User

repair restart loop

while on Twitter last night my computer abruptly shut down and when it automatically restarted, it said that it had to repair disc errors and after that no matter what I have done it still tries to repair and then gives a blue screen saying that windows didn't start properly and giving a specific file name which is

c:\WINDOWS\System32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

the first thing I found was an article about downloading microsoft media onto a disc or usb which I used a usb but when I tried to install it, it would not do the first step.

the second thing I found a question that someone had on the subject from 2017 and the first reply from a microsoft tech was telling the individual to:

at the command prompt type in

bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd my computer did this

bootrec.exe/fixmbr my computer did this

bootrec.exe/fixboot my computer said access denied

the tech also said to do

chkdsk/r c:

all this allowed my computer to do step one of the installation and did step two but it said it couldn't do the finish up part of step two

I am doing the above instructions a second time to see if it helps but I did notice that while doing the chkdsk and I noticed that there were a bunch of instances where it said correcting error in index $130 for file 54722 and it said that chkdsk discovered free space marked as allocated in the bitmap for index $130 for file 54722

How do I go about fixing this?

:)

Sean D12a, Mar 31, 2021

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 31, 2021
  3. BSOD CONSTANT RESTART LOOP

Hi,

This issue might occur due to an old or corrupted graphics driver. Since you are experiencing a constant restart loop, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 31, 2021
  4. repair restart loop

Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

repair restart loop

1. repair restart loop - Similar Threads - repair restart loop

2. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  3. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair loop: Hey, i wasn't on my pc for a few days and I tried to boot it and I had the repair window but it said it couldn't repair the pc, if I try to reset my pc it gives me an error, i tried all ways.I also tried to start in safe mode and i had the blue screen.I also tried to run some...
  4. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  6. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  7. disk repair restart loop

8. Automatic Repair Loop, but only when restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair Loop, but only when restarting: So I have a problem. My computer has been pretty finicky for years, but last night I've had to deal with a particularly annoying issue. My computer crashed out of the blue (this is normal behaviour for it) so I decided I would just restart it. However since then, whenever...
  9. Repair Loop

Repair Loop: My HP computer is stuck in a repair loop. I am running windows 10. I currently have the computer running in safe mode but I cannot start the computer normally without being caught in a loop....
  10. Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair loop: Im stuck in a repair loop, happend when I was updating windows10. I have tried almost everything on this forum Fix: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Couldn’t Repair Your PC. Gonna leave some pictures, can please some tech genius tell me what to do. [img] [img] [img] 82882