Windows 10: Repair Startup not accepting password

Discus and support Repair Startup not accepting password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know I am typing my password correctly, I have double checked by logging out and back into my account on my phone, so there should not be an issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ForestHaven, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Repair Startup not accepting password

I know I am typing my password correctly, I have double checked by logging out and back into my account on my phone, so there should not be an issue, and yet there is. I have tried all possible keyboard options that I could have possibly used despite never having used anything else on this computer, and still nothing. This is the 4th or 5th time I have tried to do this with the same issue. I have even tried resetting the password when I am in the menu, and even that new password will not work.

:)

ForestHaven, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Won't accept password in repair

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device or app won't work in the way it should.

You can try these possible solution:

Method 1. Make Sure to Enter the Correct Username & Password

When Windows 10 won't accept your password or keeps showing password incorrect error, the first thing is check if your keyboard and mouse are working properly. Unplug then and reconnect them if you are working on a desktop. If you still have trouble logging
    in to Windows 10, you can use the on-screen keyboard to login.

Method 2. Reboot PC Several Times

If you Windows 10 won't let you sign in or shows the error message that "We can't sign into your account. This problem can be often fixed by signing out of your account and signing back in." Try to restart computer once or twice and see if you can proceed.

Method 3. Make Sure You're connected to the internet

If you recently change your Microsoft Account password in the web browser but now Windows 10 won't accept your Microsoft account password, make sure your computer is connected to the internet. This will allow your PC 'to' register the new password, and you'll
    be able to log in to your PC again.

Method 4. Fix "Windows 10 Won't Accept My Password" in Safe Mode

If you're still unable to login to your PC, Restart and boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode and run SFC scan. It will help you fix various system-related problems.

Step 1. Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button. The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Click on Troubleshoot ->Advanced options -> Startup Settings.

startup settings

Step 2. You will finally reach Startup Settings screen, press '5' key. To reboot in Safe Mode with Command Prompt

enable safe mode

Step 3. Type in the following command into the command prompt window and press Enter.

sfc/ scannow

sfc scan now

Method 5. Reset Incorrect Microsoft Account Password Online

If you are using Microsoft account to sign in, you can try to change the Microsoft account password online.

Step 1: Access the link posted below to follow the password changing procedure. Click here for changing password.Follow the instructions on the screen in order to reset the Microsoft password.

forgot password

Step 2: After you changed the password you will need to reboot your computer. When the restart of the operating system is completed try logging into the Microsoft account with the new password you made.

how to reset password

Find the correct key combination on your PC and your problem should be solved. If Windows 10 still doesn't recognize password and you can't log in to Windows, you can use the Reset Windows Password utility to remove your administrator/user password so you can
    then log on your computer without typing a password.

Hope it will help.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Nov 10, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Repair Startup not accepting password

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Repair Startup not accepting password

1. Repair Startup not accepting password - Similar Threads - Repair Startup accepting

2. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup Repair Login Not Accepted: Hello, I am forced to do a Startup Repair following the latest Windows Upgrade since my laptop would not restart, but the Startup Repair will not accept my Microsoft Login that otherwise works fine. What can I do now? Thanks.Stuart...
  3. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Login Not Accepted: Hello, I am forced to do a Startup Repair following the latest Windows Upgrade since my laptop would not restart, but the Startup Repair will not accept my Microsoft Login that otherwise works fine. What can I do now? Thanks.Stuart...
  4. Startup Repair Login Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatic repair not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair not accepting my password: Trying to boot my PC and Im on the recovery options and it doesnt want to accept the password. I have MS account using this for very long time but now it didnt work. The PC does not function correctly and now its not booting up. When I enter recovery it ask for password but...
  6. Automatic repair not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair not accepting my password: Trying to boot my PC and Im on the recovery options and it doesnt want to accept the password. I have MS account using this for very long time but now it didnt work. The PC does not function correctly and now its not booting up. When I enter recovery it ask for password but...
  7. Automatic repair not accepting my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Startup Repair Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Incorrect Password: I have a problem with starting up my pc. It shows something happened and pin is not available. I have followed many videos and most of them lead me to the startup repair page but when I click it, it asks me the password for my account and even though I type in the right one...
  9. Won't accept password in repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept password in repair: I have signed into my MS account to get the recovery key. I enter that into the correct location and it then asks for the password that I am signed into MS on another computer - to get the key - and the repair won't accept the password. I am signed into MS already with...
  10. Startup repair password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup repair password issue: I have gone to startup rpair option and asked me for select an account. I had an account naned user ( which i didnt create) i clicked on that and asked me for password. Of i didnt even make an account then how would i add a password?. I didnt make a password and i dont know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup repair password incorrect

2. startup repair windows 10 password incorrect

3. startup repair asking for password

4. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  5. windows startup repair password incorrect,
  6. startup repair wont accept password,
  7. entering a password for startup repair,
  8. correct password not workong in startup repair,
  9. startup repair forget passport,
  10. win 10 start up repair cant remember password,
  11. windows 10 repair no password,