Windows 10: Repair system error, unable to access anything

Discus and support Repair system error, unable to access anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. As of 11/13/20 my lenovo laptop ideapad 3 was fuctioning fine until 11/14/20. I was stuck with BSOD and thought it would go away, mind you I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlYang, Nov 17, 2020.

1. BlYang Win User

Repair system error, unable to access anything

Hello.

As of 11/13/20 my lenovo laptop ideapad 3 was fuctioning fine until 11/14/20. I was stuck with BSOD and thought it would go away, mind you I am not familiar with laptops/computers. So then I started looking for solutions online. I tried start up repair and resetting which did not work. It would run into issues on trying to perform the task. On 11/16/20, I was able to log into safe mode and tried to do a system restore, however after loading the restoration which had been shown to be complete on the screen, the laptop had an automatic repair error and then I was stuck in that loop with the stop code of critical process died. I tried contacting lenovo however it has been difficult to get any help.

It is worth mentioning that I cannot log in to use command prompt, system restore nor can I log in to uninstall any updates because for some reason my password to the account is incorrect even though it is very much correct. I am at lost as to what to do now. This laptop did not come with any recovery disc or USB.

This is my first laptop I have owned so please help me understand. I did not create a recovery drive to which I just recently found out, was supposed to do in case anything like this was to ever happen.

:)

BlYang, Nov 17, 2020

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 17, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 17, 2020
  4. martel101 Win User

Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Repair system error, unable to access anything - Similar Threads - Repair system error

2. Unable to repair my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to repair my system: When I right click on Start, this is what pops up:C:\Users\ecaro\AppData\Local\MicrosoftWindowApps\wt.exe cannot be accessed by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-repair-my-system/4d62ebdf-70db-47b3-8a54-5dadbdb6700d
  3. Unable to repair my system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to repair my system: When I right click on Start, this is what pops up:C:\Users\ecaro\AppData\Local\MicrosoftWindowApps\wt.exe cannot be accessed by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-repair-my-system/4d62ebdf-70db-47b3-8a54-5dadbdb6700d
  4. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  5. Unable to Create System Repair Disc

Unable to Create System Repair Disc: I formatted a dvd+rw but 'Create a system repair disc' keeps telling me the disc is not blank.Even though Explorer is showing it is blank.I don't get it,James...
  6. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  7. I'm unable to access anything on my PC.

I'm unable to access anything on my PC.: Hello I am Prem from Bhansali SteelMy laptop will not respond to any tasks, no matter what I do. For example, I got the mouse to work, but nothing changed. It still clicks on the object, but the laptop will not reply. It will not even reset the computer, so I'm back to square...
  8. Preparing System Repair Loop and Unable to access blue advanced options repair screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing System Repair Loop and Unable to access blue advanced options repair screen: I have an ASUS laptop and I am stuck on an indefinite loop where my computer will say preparing system repair and then bring me to a black screen where nothing will happen. I’ve tried to access the the blue startup repair screen or even safe mode but I can’t find the right...
  9. Unable to repair PC error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to repair PC error: My windows laptop crashed and it ended up restarting itself. When it did that, it ended up scanning the C drive in these two stages to repair it. That automatic repair/scan couldn’t repair the PC. I do not have a system restore. I tried resetting the PC through installing the...
  10. Dism is unable to repair system files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dism is unable to repair system files: I have a Kodlix mini computer with Windows 10 Pro purchased in mid February of 2019. It came with version 1803 installed. A few days after it arrived, Windows update installed version 1809. I recently noticed that the March and April cumulative updates failed to install,...