Windows 10: Repair user profile without rebuilding it

Discus and support Repair user profile without rebuilding it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidCHC, Apr 4, 2022.

1. DavidCHC Win User

Repair user profile without rebuilding it

It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the Windows button in Taskbar on mysecond monitor all stopped working. MY IT deparment wants to rebuild my profile but that is very destructive and takes several days to get all of my apps reistalled. I have run the various windows troubleshooters along with sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth etc. but nothing fixes the issues.

:)

DavidCHC, Apr 4, 2022
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Repair user profile without rebuilding it :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 5, 2022
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 5, 2022
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

v444, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Repair user profile without rebuilding it - Similar Threads - Repair user profile

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. Repair user profile without rebuilding it

in Cortana
    Repair user profile without rebuilding it: It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the Windows button in Taskbar on mysecond monitor all stopped working. MY IT deparment wants to rebuild my profile but that is very...
  4. Repair user profile without rebuilding it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair user profile without rebuilding it: It is possible to repair a User Profile in Windows 10 without rebuilding it from scratch? My Windows search, calculator, sticky notes along with the Windows button in Taskbar on mysecond monitor all stopped working. MY IT deparment wants to rebuild my profile but that is very...
  5. User profile corrupted, repair/fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile corrupted, repair/fix: It appears my Microsoft Account/Windows 10 user profile is corrupted. I have been unable to install some? apps from the Microsoft Store, specifically People and MSN Weather. Also, I recently tried to install updates for my church accounting software. It started and then...
  6. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  7. Rebuild index under Windows 10 pro without user logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild index under Windows 10 pro without user logon: Recently, after I upgraded from Windows 10 build 1709 to build 1803 (using Windows upgrade Assistant), I found there seems to be some kind of index corruption (from around 200,000 items to 13,000 items). The majority of the items comes from the Outlook mails (OST files)....
  8. Rebuilding User Accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rebuilding User Accounts?: I need some advice on setting up a user account. I had a problem with a HDD and the D: volume getting accidently deleted and turned into RAW disk without having a full backup of it. I have been using EaseUS Data Recovery to try and find the deleted data, but from what I have...
  9. Restoring a user profile on a repaired laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restoring a user profile on a repaired laptop: Hello, I am asking about a relatives laptop, that was running Windows 10. His HDD was getting bad, and we managed to backup his user account files to a couple of DVD's using the standard backup program. However, we could not get a full system image, as there were too many...
  10. How to Repair a User Profile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Repair a User Profile?: I've just updated to Windows 10. I'm having problems with some Apps (e.g. Kindle & Get Started) in my main user account but not other accounts. I've run the Store Troubleshooter, Update Troubleshooter and sfc /scannow which runs OK. I suspect there is a minor problem with...