Windows 10: Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me

Discus and support Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know why "Repair Disk" has never worked for me. Since I first used it, at least about twenty or thirty times, but I keep trying whenever I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caxtin, Mar 15, 2017.

1. caxtin Win User

Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me

Don't know why "Repair Disk" has never worked for me. Since I first used it, at least about twenty or thirty times, but I keep trying whenever I need such on any PC am working on. It ALWAYS reports the PC cannot be repaired. I have both 32 and 64 bits PCs.

It happen sometimes when I restore an image and get he MBR mess up. I thought the disc is for such situation.

:)

caxtin, Mar 15, 2017

2. Edge has never worked on Windows 10 for me

Has anyone have had a bad experience with Edge? In the end MS support told me to re-install Windows. How bad can it be?

HarryJCole, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Edge has never worked on Windows 10 for me

The only reason I'm bothering to try and fix Edge is that when I'm using a rival browser Windows keeps on telling me that Edge is more secure and more efficient so I thought I'd give it a go.

MartinCorney, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If your using an image its shouldnt be needed are you using MBR disk or uefi?

Samuria, Mar 15, 2017
  5. caxtin Win User
    I use MBR.
    How bad would a system be that it's Repair Disk cannot repair? Very disappointing and frustrating to me.
    From the I first time I started using the repair disk, it ALWAYS tells me my PC cannot be repaired, on both the 32 and the 64 bit systems. My solutions were to rebuild my MBR or literally, tweak my drive letters, sometimes with DiskPart utility.

caxtin, Mar 15, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - this fits in with my general experience. If boot info gets corrupted, it just craps out. TBH I have never had a case that I recollect where the boot files are ok, and I needed to use the "repair my pc option" and it actually worked. My success rate with this option is so close to zero as makes no difference!

I always keep a Macrium Rescue Drive available, and use the "fix windows boot problems' instead. This nearly always works unless windows is corrupted as well.

cereberus, Mar 15, 2017
  7. caxtin Win User
    Ooooosy! Just checked to find out one has to have the Macrium software to able to create your boot disc.

Just curious. Saw this and wondering what the "WinPE rescue environment (CD, DVD, USB or Boot Menu)" would be for. It is under the "Restore" section. Would this be for restoring a backup image or just for booting up Windows in case of a non-bootable Windows? Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software

caxtin, Mar 15, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

@caxtin,

Just make a recovery tools drive from here:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

It will have Macrium Reflect included with it and a whole lot other of awesome tools and programs. Under the restore menu in Macrium Reflect is a utility to Fix Windows startup problems. That utility can fix a non-booting Windows when a lot of other repairs fail. But it does need a valid existing EFI System Partition to work.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Repair Windows Disc Never Worked For Me - Similar Threads - Repair Disc Never

2. repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  3. repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    repair disc: Hi, have made a backup to my Windows 10 PC, and was offered to create a repair disc, I used a usb flash as usual, but got a note that say [The system repair disc could not be created][Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner, make sure it is connected to the computer and try...
  4. repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  6. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  7. Windows repair disc

8. Will a Repair disc work on another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will a Repair disc work on another computer?: I am having to try and fix boot issues on a computer belonging to someone else, my first thought as it looks to be a damaged file within /system32 was to create a repair USB on my desktop and use it to then repair the OS on the other computer but then I started to wonder if...
  9. Windows spotlight never worked as it should for me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows spotlight never worked as it should for me.: I have been using win10 since release. The windows spotlight feature was a nice touch. When it worked. In the beginning it was working fine, I had it show nice pics that I liked. It has been a couple of years that the thing defaulted to the mountain lake pic and refused to...
  10. Windows 10 repair disc ..

Windows 10 repair disc ..: Hi I was having problems with something called stopcode blue screen ..I tried repair disc that I made but. It said I couldn't delete any updates ..I hit back and tried something else that wouldn't work ..by mistake I hit shutdown ..the ocean went dark .the start button on the...