Windows 10: Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

Discus and support Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to capture a clip from a game i played recently but the video capture seemed to have glitched and only recorded the audio with a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomberSun, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

I tried to capture a clip from a game i played recently but the video capture seemed to have glitched and only recorded the audio with a black screen.

Is there any way of repairing a video capture like this so i can see the video?

submitted by /u/SomberSun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomberSun, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture?

1. Repair Xbox Game Bar Video Capture? - Similar Threads - Repair Xbox Game

2. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

6. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  7. Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.

Xbox game bar captures video and audio not in sync.: I usually capture the last 5 minutes. The video is ahead of audio and the last 1 minute and 30 seconds of the video will be completely without sound. But this issue only happens to a game called Smite. Capturing all the other games works fine. Hope someone can help me out....
  8. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  9. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  10. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game bar not recording clips