Windows 10: "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

Discus and support "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In reply to Paloma Bianchini's post on January 13, 2022Hello ForumI am using the Win10 M C T instalation media setup Tool to reach "Repair your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nick K3, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Nick K3 Win User

"Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

In reply to Paloma Bianchini's post on January 13, 2022Hello ForumI am using the Win10 M C T instalation media setup Tool to reach "Repair your computer" Option, in order to fix any booting problems etc. or to Restore Windows image in case I need to do that.The problem is due to some rather unknown circumstances, as regards the Initial Setup screen which - should have? - this "Repair Computer" Option" on it - do not show up at all on this Page, as expected?Thus, instead I'm just getting directly thrown into the "Select language" screen, and then further on into the "Select Product" 32 / 64

:)

Nick K3, Jun 5, 2023

2. repair your computer option not available when running setup

Hi

Somtimes when I try to repair installed window 10 by booting the installation media,I do not find the repair your computer option.the setup goes directly to choose win10(or win11) version(home,prof...) and continue setup up without the option for repairing the installed window.How can I get this option to be available always in ssetup.

thanks

yahia

yahya abou dalal, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Csal70 Win User
    Help Repairing WIN10 after Updates, Repair won't Work

Hi all,

My Dell laptop w/ WIN10 is unable to repair itself after updates and a failed system restore. The Dell came with WIN10 and is a year plus old.

The questions first, and then explanations for what I've tried. (Note I only have access to the Repair Screen, or to Command Prompts.)

1) What Command Prompts or Tools do I need to get WIN10 to run Repairs, when the Repair is not working?

2) What Command Prompts or Tools do I need to save/transfer my files from an otherwise inaccessible C drive?

I ran WIN10 updates (not sure which one, but most recent) on 08MAR.

Bluetooth disappeared from WIN10. It was still in the resources, and I set it to Autostart, but that didn't fix it. Then I ran System Restore from a file on 28FEB.

System Restore was quickly doing it's thing, then hung up on on "restoring registry files," and hung there for the next 11 hours.

So the next morning, I powered off and back on again.

I get the Dell startup screen, then PC needs Repairs, then Making Repairs, then unable to repair, with various issues to get through.

Since that time, I've had to use Command Prompt to do the following:

• Unlock the Bitlocker and then Disable the Bitlocker for restart to get to the other Repair commands.
    • I ran a chkdsk on "C", which reports No errors.

I've run through All the Repair options, including:

• _Uninstall updates, says it can't do it.
    • _run Reset with Keep Files, which tells me something went wrong and try again in Advanced Settings.
    • _Enter Startup Settings so I could select start in Safe Mode with Command prompt - but when I select any of the Startup settings, it restarts and takes me back to the main repair screen.
    • _create USB of ISO WIN10, which would run at first, then I clicked on the "Repair this Computer", and it takes me back to the main blue repair screen asking which options I want to use. It does Not take me to the menu allowing me to select options to "Keep
      Files or Apps", and doesn't take me to any menu at all. Just back to the WIN10 repair start screen where I'm stuck.

Running a clean install or factory reset is not an option as this is a work/personal laptop, but if I have to clean install, then I need directions how to access my files and Save them.

I have considered trying more Command Prompts to cut out the Repair Computer Loop I seem to be in, and see if I can get something else to work?

I am open to suggestions, aka, omg please help.

Thanks!

Csal70, Jun 5, 2023
  4. "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

"Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

1. "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool - Similar Threads - Repair computer option

2. "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool: In reply to Paloma Bianchini's post on January 13, 2022Hello ForumI am using the Win10 M C T instalation media setup Tool to reach "Repair your computer" Option, in order to fix any booting problems etc. or to Restore Windows image in case I need to do that.The problem is due...
  3. "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Repair your computer" option NOT available when running the Win10 M C T Tool: In reply to Paloma Bianchini's post on January 13, 2022Hello ForumI am using the Win10 M C T instalation media setup Tool to reach "Repair your computer" Option, in order to fix any booting problems etc. or to Restore Windows image in case I need to do that.The problem is due...
  4. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  5. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  6. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  7. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  8. repair your computer option not available when running setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    repair your computer option not available when running setup: HiSomtimes when I try to repair installed window 10 by booting the installation media,I do not find the repair your computer option.the setup goes directly to choose win10or win11 versionhome,prof... and continue setup up without the option for repairing the installed...
  9. repair your computer option not available when running setup

repair your computer option not available when running setup: HiSomtimes when I try to repair installed window 10 by booting the installation media,I do not find the repair your computer option.the setup goes directly to choose win10or win11 versionhome,prof... and continue setup up without the option for repairing the installed...
  10. Win10 Repair Loop - No USB Options available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Repair Loop - No USB Options available: Occurence: I logged in Wednesday morning and went through my usual rounds of work related tasks. I walked away from the PC with Outlook, Excel and IE running. Went out for coffee, was gone maybe 2 hrs. Came back and of course the monitors had gone to sleep, although the...