Windows 10: Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.

Discus and support Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TL:DR Can I Repair my NVME drive install from An HDD install using simple tools or should I just rescue files and reinstall. Here’s the sitch. I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Raspberryian, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.

TLRepairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive. :DR Can I Repair my NVME drive install from An HDD install using simple tools or should I just rescue files and reinstall.

Here’s the sitch.

I’m playing a game right one of my apps stopped responding despite being reopened several times.

I restart the computer only to be greeted with the dreaded BSOD. I don’t think anything of it. It restarts itself and is now stuck in a loop. Non paged file or something to that effect. I start messing around with reboots and I try to boot in to safe mode. The BSOD changes messages. Critical Process Died, “should I plan a funeral for it or something” so I look it up. Normally I’d use SFC or DISM the don’t work in Preinstall environment. Great.

Now I have a second HDD that I’ve repurposed and am currently installing windows on it in order to rescue files I may need before completely formatting my NVME drive that my main install is on and I got to thinking, is there a way to repair my main NVME using DISM from the donor drive or should I just rescue files cut my losses and start from scratch.

The NVME drive is literally brand new. I just built this pc less than 6 months ago.

submitted by /u/Raspberryian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Raspberryian, Apr 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 1, 2020
  3. lvr181 Win User
    Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.

Quick search not working on secondary drives on windows 10

Hi Foxybite,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What type of files you are trying to search in the search bar?

• What do you refer to when you say secondary drives? Is it the other partition on the hard drive/external hard drive like flash drives or etc.?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.

Step 2:

Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.

• Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter

• Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))

• Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive.

1. Repairing a main Windows 10 drive from a secondary Win10 drive. - Similar Threads - Repairing main drive

2. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  3. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  4. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repair Windows on a secondary drive

Repair Windows on a secondary drive: Hello:I have a desktop computer with three drives, one SSD and two HDD. I run Windows off of the SSD drive, but use the the other drives for some programs and for data storage. The two other drives are from previous computers.I had an issue with a bluetooth driver - went to...
  6. Converting main boot drive from a dynamic drive to a basic drive

Converting main boot drive from a dynamic drive to a basic drive: I accidentally converted my main drive to a dynamic drive. Everything i have read says to just delete it and reformat the drive, but i cant do this as i have all my data and the operating system on this drive. I have tried software which claims to be able to convert Dynamic...
  7. Installing Win10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a secondary drive: Hey guys, this is probably one of the most common topics but I can't find a clean answer to my specific question. I've got two SSDs, a small old one and a big new one. Due to problems of certain software I want the big drive to be my new main drive with Win10 on it....
  8. Windows 10 on secondary drive

Windows 10 on secondary drive: Hey guys, I want to format my pc but before I do, I have a question that I'm hoping to have answered. I currently have a single SSD and two HDDs, the SSD I'm using primarily for Windows. At the moment, the SSD is defaulted as the C:\ drive and this has the annoying problem...
  9. Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update: I'm rather late with updating to Win10, but yesterday I upgraded my Win 7 machine to Win 10. Everything went perfect except one of my HDD's is no longer being recognized. Yesterday it was simply not being detected; after a reboot however it is now seen in the Disk Manager as...
  10. Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files From Main SSD Drive to Storage Secondary: HI All Is there a way to Move Outlook Data files from C:\ Drive to Storage drive, so far keeps going to D drive, tried a fix on a site I found, but no luck, any other ideas or get it to move lol. Version i'm using is office 365 109671