Windows 10: Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

Discus and support Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LordIndisar, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing" and won't end.

I've gone through all the steps I can, but some of them are missing for my computer and I cannot progress.

For one, the windows logo doesn't show, it's Asus Inspiring Innovation, Persistent Perfection screen, and Using the media boot from usb doesn't do anything except take me back to the same screen.

It got me to a blue screen a single time, then went back to black and repairing.

I literally cannot use my computer, please help I'm at my wits end. No other solutions are working for me.

And yes, it's forcing me through this and I cannot skip it.

:)

LordIndisar, Oct 10, 2018
  2. RDMcG Win User

"Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." loop for hours

• Hey Dave! I wish I could tell where it is in the process. All
      I see is a Lenovo logo screen
    • with circling dots

• transitioning between these three messages:

• 1) "Preparing Automatic Repair"

2) "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

• 3) "Diagnosing your PC"

• It continuous in this cycle over and over with the screen turning black for a second before starting the loop
      again.

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete. [​IMG]

RDMcG, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Thank you so much for the solution, however, i followed all the steps you mentioned and when i selected startup repair, it went again on Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete. Could you please let me know, how long do I have to
    wait.?

AsadAliArshad, Oct 10, 2018
  4. RDMcG Win User

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

"Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." loop for hours

My Lenovo G50 is stuck in a "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." loop since I turned it on several hours ago. What are my options to correct this issue (in layman's terms please)? Thanks!

RDMcG, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

1. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete. - Similar Threads - Repairing disk erroes

2. Disk repair taking hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk repair taking hours: Computer choked up and after reboot started repair specifically disk repair. It has been five hours already. It is a 1tb drive about 50% full. The drive was “hunting” while it was booting. I can hear the head moving as it is doing this repair. Another partition with Slackware...
  3. Disk repair taking hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk repair taking hours: Computer choked up and after reboot started repair specifically disk repair. It has been five hours already. It is a 1tb drive about 50% full. The drive was “hunting” while it was booting. I can hear the head moving as it is doing this repair. Another partition with Slackware...
  4. repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10: Hi,On start-up my windows 10 says 'disk errors' then 'preparing to repair' then to 'Diagnosing your PC' and then proceeds to re-start and the repeats the process and keeps looping... I cannot do anything else and I do not have my Windows recovery DVD backup I have turned the...
  5. Help my laptop is stuck at "preparing disk errors ,this might take over an hour to complete...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is stuck at "preparing disk errors ,this might take over an hour to complete...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  6. "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed: Help me guys. So when I tried to boot my computer, i got a message said "repairing disk error.. " It was like that for 6 hours. When it finished, it says that it failed to repair the disk. Now i can't use it anymore. I tried resetting it without deleting my files but it...
  7. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": Windows update came in today, and this is where my system is currently at. Endless repairing in progress, and I'm a little frustrated why I should encounter this problem through your updates. I do not have the capabilities to resolve this on my own. Please help everything...
  8. Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": The Windows 10 logo pops up then goes black. After a while it comes up again with the message "Preparing automatic repair." Then goes onto "Diagnosing your PC." Or whatever then goes to the Repairing disk errors part. I let the pc on like 8h and nothing happend. What should...
  9. Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  10. Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..: Hi everyone i got acer aspire 5738 ( Y a bit old ..) and he was working fine till friday when i started disk optimization from acer and stopped it in the middle od process .. Next day i get this message "Repairing disk errors.This might take over an hour to complete" he was...