Windows 10: Repairing Disk Error Loop

Discus and support Repairing Disk Error Loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer has been doing a loop where it’ll say “Preparing Automatic Repairs” > “Diagnosing your PC” > “Repairing disk errors. This may take over an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JoeyzGaming, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Repairing Disk Error Loop

My computer has been doing a loop where it’ll say “Preparing Automatic Repairs” > “Diagnosing your PC” > “Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete.” Then it after a few minutes, it goes back around. Should I leave it overnight? Or should I do something about it?

submitted by /u/JoeyzGaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JoeyzGaming, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

Windows 10 repairing disk errors loop

Hi,

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, Isuggest you to repair your system using Windows 10 installation USB media and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Since you have already created the installation media (USB), I would suggest you to get into BIOS and set the boot priority to USB. Manufacturer's set a certain key that enters BIOS setup when you start your computer. It is a different for every
    manufacturer generally, the common key includes Esc, F10 and F12

Refer to the below link to create USB installation media for Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

After creating the USB installation media for Windows 10, follow the below steps:

• Insert the installation USB drive
          and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
          and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
          and select the operating system.

Kindly reply to us, with the status. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Darshan J, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Repairing Disk Error Loop

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Repairing Disk Error Loop

1. Repairing Disk Error Loop - Similar Threads - Repairing Disk Error

2. Automatic repair loop, no disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop, no disk space: My pc is stuck on a automatic repair loop, i’ve tried solutions on yt but they dont work, tried command prompts and says theres no disk space in my c drive. I’ve tried to boot up to safe mode but always goes back to automatic repair screen and when i try to reset this pc it...
  3. Automatic repair loop, no disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop, no disk space: My pc is stuck on a automatic repair loop, i’ve tried solutions on yt but they dont work, tried command prompts and says theres no disk space in my c drive. I’ve tried to boot up to safe mode but always goes back to automatic repair screen and when i try to reset this pc it...
  4. Automatic repair loop, no disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  6. disk repair restart loop

disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  7. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Repair Disk Error

Repair Disk Error: I have a HP laptop, windows 11. Today I got an Intel Display update on my device which i installed after that the whole issue started..Just as the installation was completed, there was an error which said something like "can't display image" and only a half of my taskbar was...
  9. Acer laptop "repairing disk errors" loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop "repairing disk errors" loop: Hi there, A couple of months ago I turned on my Acer Aspire E5-575 laptop to see a message saying "hard disk missing" I restarted my laptop and it booted up with the automatic repair system, first saying "Diagnosing PC" and then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over...
  10. Repairing disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repairing disk error: Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen It say repairing disk error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-error/0322ac0a-f69a-45b4-8769-387bcf189da9