Windows 10: Repairing disk error

Discus and support Repairing disk error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen It say repairing disk error[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by firmansyahmeydiawan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Repairing disk error

Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen

It say repairing disk errorRepairing disk error [​IMG]

:)

firmansyahmeydiawan, Sep 9, 2019

2. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Repairing disk error

repairing disk errors and Error status 0xc0000020

Hi Maria,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Repairing disk error

1. Repairing disk error - Similar Threads - Repairing disk error

2. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error: Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks. The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring...
  3. Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10: Did scan one of the disks(NTFS)-back-up disk- on my computer but Windows could not repair the errors. I subsequently ran CHKDSK /r on that disk K which is believed to have errors: Stage1 After deleting corrupt attribute records as well as fixing incorrect information in...
  4. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing disk errors without an operating system: I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk. I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable software that can check for errors and repair them? Any help would be appreciated. 129929
  5. system repair disk

system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  6. Repair External Hard Disk Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair External Hard Disk Errors: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me in a problem. I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and it has bad things on it. Please be nice to tell me how you can solve it. Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A wonderful day!...
  7. repair disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    repair disk: I have received this message: "Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may it be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked". How can I resolve this problem. Tank you...
  8. repairing disk errors

repairing disk errors: how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-errors/46b45c4b-9fb2-424b-bba5-ee42afcfc024
  9. PASSWORD FOR REPAIR DISK

PASSWORD FOR REPAIR DISK: The repair process will not take my Windows Live Sign-In password. Does the original repair disc have another password associated with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/password-for-repair-disk/9ab84c5b-9fdf-43fd-a0b1-e15b7c48ea0c
  10. Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors

Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors: I know a lot of people have been having trouble with the computers all of a sudden freezing and then going into this ridiculously long repairing disk error nonsense which takes a heck more than an hour to do anything. I need to get my stuff off my computer. Is there any way I...