Windows 10: "Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away

Discus and support "Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] Every time I boot up my laptop, this message appears, and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried the press f12 thing, and still nothing. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bdaly163, Jun 23, 2019.

1. bdaly163 Win User

"Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away

"Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away [​IMG]

Every time I boot up my laptop, this message appears, and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried the press f12 thing, and still nothing. How should I approach this problem?

Thank you!

:)

bdaly163, Jun 23, 2019

2. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 23, 2019
  3. nagymama Win User
    Restart to repair disk errors message

Several months ago I started getting a restart to repair disk errors message on my Toshiba laptop. No matter how many times I restarted did not go away

Took it to a computer tech who said my hard drive was failing, so replaced hard drive and reduced apps on laptop to bare minimum. Message came back.

Tech said hard drive was fine and that problem had to be connected to Windows program but had no idea how to fix. Message comes and goes, but since last update 1709, has started coming up more frequently again. Cannot restore it says because of disk errors.

Any ideas what is going on? and how to fix?

nagymama, Jun 23, 2019
  4. "Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away

Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

"Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away

1. "Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away - Similar Threads - Repairing Disk Errors

2. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  3. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk repair restart loop: My laptop's disk had an error which caused the computer to restart but the auto repair failed and every restart attempt sends me to the recovery screen. The issue is that for every advanced recovery option I have to type in a password, I haven't had to use this password in...
  4. disk repair restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disk "Restart Needed" Restart drive to repair errors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk "Restart Needed" Restart drive to repair errors.: I have disk checked, i have restarted my computer a billion times, each time it was "repairing drive" but i still get that message! I have tried a lot of things but in the control panel in security and maintenance in the tab maintenance at the drive status it says "restart...
  6. The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.: The "Activate Windows" message never goes away. I have activated windows repeatedly but the message always comes back. Thanks. Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-activate-windows-message-never-goes-away/89a0e2a0-2b21-40a0-8462-12e238ea97ac"
  7. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...
  8. Cortana goes away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana goes away: I've been running Windows 10 for about a week and I enjoy the quick access to Bing search. But frequently, usually after an overnight hibernation, Cortana simply becomes "unavailable". I click on the box and nothing happens! I have to reboot the machine to get it working...
  9. The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency

in Windows 10 News
    The Win 10 Problem That Never Goes Away: Context Menu Inconsistency: [img] Microsoft yet to address context menu inconsistency issue Microsoft tried to tweak Windows 10 in such a way that it would be capable of offering a fresh feeling everywhere you look, so the company redesigned the key features of the operating system, seeking...
  10. Service control manager errors never goes away Persisting errors zeez

in Windows 10 Support
    Service control manager errors never goes away Persisting errors zeez: You are about too read a bad english. and i am really sorry about it i am not native english speaker Just installed window 10 th2 and few other software didn't upgrade it just did a clean install of it but service control manger errors never goes away See the below...