Windows 10: Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time

Discus and support Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Repairing disk errors screen says it will take over an hour to complete but it is taking longer than that. Could someone please help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sarushan.V, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time

The Repairing disk errors screen says it will take over an hour to complete but it is taking longer than that. Could someone please help?

:)

Sarushan.V, Jun 28, 2020
  2. amitg43 Win User

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

A correction: Windows Repair Tool is available at tweaking.com and NOT tweak.com. Regret the error.

amitg43, Jun 28, 2020
  3. repairing disk errors

how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors.

RobertCapstick, Jun 28, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time

repairing disk errors

You don't say 'how' you're repairing disk errors, or what errors you're repairing, or even how you concluded that your disk might have errors in the first place. You could be wasting your time.

So here's my guess: CHKDSK is a very old utility that checks for logical and physical errors on a disk. It was created long before today's large hard disks, so running it on a contemporary disk could take very many hours.

BulldogXX, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time

1. Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time - Similar Threads - Repairing disk errors

2. Disk repair taking hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk repair taking hours: Computer choked up and after reboot started repair specifically disk repair. It has been five hours already. It is a 1tb drive about 50% full. The drive was “hunting” while it was booting. I can hear the head moving as it is doing this repair. Another partition with Slackware...
  3. On-screen keyboard takes long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-screen keyboard takes long time to load: My on-screen keyboard takes a good 5-10 seconds to load. I tried to restore Windows 10 back to factory defaults reset this PC yesterday but it seems to be doing it still. I was always working fine before a couple weeks ago where it instantly use to pop up after clicking on...
  4. Drive Repair taking too long.

Drive Repair taking too long.: I bought an Acer Aspire Feb 2020 and day before yesterday the system started to become laggy and unresponsive. I had a few downloads and a few files copying at the moment. I cancelled them and restarted the laptop but the problems continued so I restarted again, both times...
  5. Blue screen taking a very long time.

Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  6. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  7. External disk fixing takes very long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk fixing takes very long time: Hi, I have Windows 10. I had a problem with my external hard drive it said fatal hardware error as it was not recognized by the system, though found as disk F:\. I restarted as sometimes it fixes such bugs. right at the start of booting, windows started fixing my...
  8. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  9. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...