Windows 10: Repairing disk errors without an operating system

Discus and support Repairing disk errors without an operating system in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk. I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crockhamtown, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk.

I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable software that can check for errors and repair them?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

crockhamtown, Mar 31, 2019

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Repairing disk errors without an operating system

1. Repairing disk errors without an operating system - Similar Threads - Repairing disk errors

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  4. Repair disk without rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair disk without rebooting: Apparently my Windows security sent me a notification saying I need to restart my PC to repair disk errors, I am afraid this may cause me to lose files, is it possible to repair the disk without rebooting? Please help :...
  5. Repair disk without rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair disk without rebooting: Apparently my Windows security sent me a notification saying I need to restart my PC to repair disk errors, I am afraid this may cause me to lose files, is it possible to repair the disk without rebooting? Please help :...
  6. Repair disk without rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop without an operating system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop without an operating system: So im gonna order a lenovo legion 5 for a good price but it does not come with an operative system at all.Does the usb free windows 10 download still work? submitted by /u/JabbatheHutt21 [link] [comments]...
  8. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  9. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error: Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks. The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring...
  10. system repair disk

system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632