Windows 10: Repairing disk errors without an operating system

Discus and support Repairing disk errors without an operating system in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk. I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crockhamtown, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

I have no operating system because I have completely erased my hard disk.

I would like now to check the hard disk for errors. Is there bootable software that can check for errors and repair them?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

crockhamtown, Mar 31, 2019

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Repairing disk errors without an operating system

Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Repairing disk errors without an operating system

1. Repairing disk errors without an operating system - Similar Threads - Repairing disk errors

2. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  3. system repair disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  4. Script with Windows 10 Home operating system repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script with Windows 10 Home operating system repair: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please send me a script for repairing the Windows 10 Home operating system. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-with-windows-10-home-operating-system/9207575c-b613-45df-a3f7-f3f8352a85e8
  5. repairing disk errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repairing disk errors: how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-errors/46b45c4b-9fb2-424b-bba5-ee42afcfc024
  6. Operational errors and repair errors Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operational errors and repair errors Windows 10 pro: Hello, Dear Sir/Madam will kindly tell me me how do I check if Windows has problems with how fix them if they have. I want you to send them with images if possible. Wait answer! Thank you very much!...
  7. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  8. Win10 1607 System Repair Disk Boots Without Keyboard/Mouse

Win10 1607 System Repair Disk Boots Without Keyboard/Mouse: I created a working repair disk in Windows 10 Pro 1511 back in December, that worked then. Just tested it again and it still works. I take regular images, so I like to boot into recovery once in a while to ensure my images are accessible. So to ensure that I am current, I...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. Updating system repair/recovery disk?

Updating system repair/recovery disk?: Hi, I am running windows 10 Creator version. My system repair/recovery USB flash drive was created during windows 8.1. Do I have to update the stick? 94124