Windows 10: repairing disk errors

Discus and support repairing disk errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertCapstick, Oct 25, 2018.

1. repairing disk errors

how long should it take to repair disk errors on a Lenovo laptop! So far it has taken 3 hours and is still saying repairing disk errors.

:)

RobertCapstick, Oct 25, 2018

2. Repairing disk error

Hi Steve,

This issue might caused by a failing drive. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version do you have?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, you can also refer to Wungraileng Vashi's answer on this thread that was found helpful by 65 people:

Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 25, 2018
  4. repairing disk errors

repairing disk errors and Error status 0xc0000020

Hi Maria,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

repairing disk errors

1. repairing disk errors - Similar Threads - repairing disk errors

2. Repair Disk Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Disk Error: I have a HP laptop, windows 11. Today I got an Intel Display update on my device which i installed after that the whole issue started..Just as the installation was completed, there was an error which said something like "can't display image" and only a half of my taskbar was...
  3. Repair Disk Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair Disk Error: I have a HP laptop, windows 11. Today I got an Intel Display update on my device which i installed after that the whole issue started..Just as the installation was completed, there was an error which said something like "can't display image" and only a half of my taskbar was...
  4. Repairing Disk Errors Endlessly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing Disk Errors Endlessly: So, I have a Lenovo laptop that runs Windows 10 and it is very much on its last legs but I need to get it working again. I was using my laptop as I normally would when it completely froze. Now, as I said, it's an old laptop and it's often quite slow but this time it full...
  5. error on drives and disk repairs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error on drives and disk repairs: Recently when i turn on my pc i keep getting disk errors and it repairs the disk, but it is continuously doing this and i don't know why? Ever since this has happened my pc has been having multiple problems. I did some research and did the disk repair but after i repair it it...
  6. Repairing Disk Error Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repairing Disk Error Loop: My computer has been doing a loop where it’ll say “Preparing Automatic Repairs” > “Diagnosing your PC” > “Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete.” Then it after a few minutes, it goes back around. Should I leave it overnight? Or should I do something...
  7. Boot is stuck on "Repairing Disk Errors"

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot is stuck on "Repairing Disk Errors": Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.., it wasn't obvious to me that any of the others were more appropriate in another thread i referred to a laptop that will not boot - but here, i am hoping i can find a way to get it to boot without reformatting the SSD and reinstalling...
  8. Repairing disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repairing disk error: Please hepl me i have wait 7 hours and nothing happen It say repairing disk error[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-error/0322ac0a-f69a-45b4-8769-387bcf189da9
  9. Repair External Hard Disk Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair External Hard Disk Errors: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me in a problem. I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and it has bad things on it. Please be nice to tell me how you can solve it. Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A wonderful day!...
  10. Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Repairing Disk Errors: I know a lot of people have been having trouble with the computers all of a sudden freezing and then going into this ridiculously long repairing disk error nonsense which takes a heck more than an hour to do anything. I need to get my stuff off my computer. Is there any way I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repairing disk errors then says it cannot repair them