Windows 10: Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

Discus and support Repairing PC using windows recovery not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC is not booting at all so I tried to access windows recovery even though it is hard I was able to access it and I tried performing system restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by macie.beahan58, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

My PC is not booting at all so I tried to access windows recovery even though it is hard I was able to access it and I tried performing system restore and got error message at the same time repair didnt work. No options to uninstall updates and no options even safe mode. I dont know what to do so I tried even reset full clean the PC still didnt work. I need this PC and I dont want to buy a new one. I need help.

:)

macie.beahan58, Oct 18, 2022
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Oct 18, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 18, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

Recovery - Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you repair your PC using an installation USB or disc. If you do not have a Windows 10 installation USB or disc, you can download and create one from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation media and use it to repair your computer, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
    • Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. You will then be able to perform Startup Repair to repair your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >
      Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    • You can also use the installation media to start your PC in safe mode or reset your PC.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 18, 2022
Thema:

Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

1. Repairing PC using windows recovery not working - Similar Threads - Repairing using recovery

2. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired: Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired/38340b29-8334-4360-9c57-9f7c258af95a
  3. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired: Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired/38340b29-8334-4360-9c57-9f7c258af95a
  4. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC repair not working: Trying to boot my PC however Im stuck in boot loop where it ask for restart. Restart didn't repair my PC but it will boot on the same page over and over again. This PC is a gift for me so I want to keep it healthy as possible. It has Windows 10 and not a long time ago I...
  6. Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing PC using windows recovery not working: My PC is not booting at all so I tried to access windows recovery even though it is hard I was able to access it and I tried performing system restore and got error message at the same time repair didnt work. No options to uninstall updates and no options even safe mode. I...
  7. Repairing PC using windows recovery not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing PC using windows recovery not working: My PC is not booting at all so I tried to access windows recovery even though it is hard I was able to access it and I tried performing system restore and got error message at the same time repair didnt work. No options to uninstall updates and no options even safe mode. I...
  8. RECOVERY YOUR PC NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RECOVERY YOUR PC NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED: Every single time i open my pc after from a shutdown I keep seeing the blue screen your pc needs to be repaired but it doesnt show any file on top of it it just gives the error 0xc000000e so clicked esc to get to boot menu and then it got me to home page then the next morning...
  9. Repair Recovery issue in Lenovo PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Recovery issue in Lenovo PC: How must i repaire my lenovo pc wich contains recovery problem [Original Title: Lenovo pc] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-recovery-issue-in-lenovo-pc/f5126880-2102-49d0-8866-f8d459b425de
  10. Recovery, your PC needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery, your PC needs to be repaired: I received this message on my PC and it says the Boot Configuration Data on the PC is missing or contains errors. File: \boot\BCD, error code: 0xc000014c. It goes on to say I will need to use recovery tools and if I don't have any installation media to contact the...