Windows 10: Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

Discus and support Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have encountered a problem where my primary email account will not receive any messages in the "Mail" application. The secondary Account does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterCraven50, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

I have encountered a problem where my primary email account will not receive any messages in the "Mail" application. The secondary Account does not have this problem nor does Outlook for both my accounts. I prefer to use "Mail" for the day to day checking and sending emails. Any ideas?

Kind Regards Peter

:)

PeterCraven50, Apr 28, 2020
  2. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 "Mail" app not showing primary email address as selectible account

After Windows 10 update during which I was asked if I wanted to add new accounts in addition to the primary email account which was already showing and I did add two accounts, the Windows 10 Mail app will allow me to select the new accounts without a problem,
    but the primary account is not an available selection. When I look at the app's settings "Accounts", the primary account is listed. What's up?

Allen

ALLENFANCHER, Apr 28, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail"

1. Repairing Primary Email Account in "Mail" - Similar Threads - Repairing Primary Email

2. Changing email address for primary account holder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address for primary account holder: I am trying to change my email address for Admin account holder on pc. told to add alias to account. when i do i am told that the email address has already been used. But it is not listed to choose from ... help!...
  3. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  4. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  5. Moving primary email after account hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving primary email after account hack: My account not this one was hacked and the primary email was changed to another one. I managed to reset the password via Microsoft's form, but I couldn't change the email. I also tried adding my phone number to enable 2FA, but this resulted in a delay of 1 month. I cannot...
  6. primary email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    primary email account: Hello,I just bought a desktop from a private seller. He said he just created the email address he used to set up windows and that I could just use my own email address and remove his if I want to. He also used his cellphone # for code verifications. I would like to use my...
  7. Changing primary email account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing primary email account.: In short.I recently got a new SSD and HDD and reinstalled Windows. When I turned on my computer I input the wrong email to connect to the Desktop and settings I had originally on my previous HDD. I was able to add it to the account but now there is two J.D.Brown5's and I only...
  8. Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the Primary Account Email in Windows 10: My wife purchased a new laptop and when first setting it up entered my Hotmail address. Now everything on her computer links to my accounts. We created a primary alias account for her Gmail address but stuff still is linking to my Hotmail address. How do we totally...
  9. OneDrive account primary email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive account primary email address: I desire to unlink my OneDrive account (and all that goes with it) from the email address provided by my ISP. I already have an @outlook.com email account that I desire to use as the primary address for OneDrive. Eventually I will move away from this state and will have a...
  10. Primary Mail Account Selection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary Mail Account Selection: If you have multiple mail accounts, is there a way to switch which one is default or primary (the one displayed first when opening mail)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/primary-mail-account-selection/bd35dfc7-25fa-4052-a0bb-72d1c1470de6