Windows 10: Repairing SSD

Discus and support Repairing SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomasmSSD, May 4, 2021 at 5:37 PM.

1. Repairing SSD

Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for several hours later. Then, the installation just failed midupdate and then no windows was detected on the drive.I tried to use a USB with media creation tool to repair it but it said it wasn't able to.I then, bought a hard drive and installed windows on it. The PC booted up fine and the SSD was accessible, inside it there was two folders window.old and windows10upgrade.My question is : can I repair windows on my SSD ? Or do I need to save all my

:)

2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

3. Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, May 4, 2021 at 5:41 PM
  4. OneMoar Win User

Repairing SSD

I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

Thema:

Repairing SSD

1. Repairing SSD - Similar Threads - Repairing SSD

2. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  3. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  4. Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...: Hello. So I hope anyone here can help me... My laptop dell inspiron 7391 has now BSOD loop... no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with somthing about:...
  5. Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...: Hello. So I hope anyone here can help me... My laptop dell inspiron 7391 has now BSOD loop... no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with somthing about:...
  6. Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?

Automatic Repair after Booting to Other SSD?: Have Windows 10 running on SATA SSD. No problems but decide to upgrade to NVMe PCI SSD for even faster loading speed. 1. Unplug original SSD, 2. Install new NVMe SSD then Windows from USB Media Disc Current Image. Install goes fast, no problems. 3. Plug in old SATA SSD 4....
  7. After my computer “automatically repaired” my ssd, I am greeted with a plain blue screen...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After my computer “automatically repaired” my ssd, I am greeted with a plain blue screen...: After repairing my ssd or, attempting to, I was greeted with a blue screen asking for my login except my password was wrong. So I changed it and it still says it’s wrong. The issue in I cannot do anything else. No desktop, no other keys bring me anywhere. Its just a blue...
  8. Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?: I recently turned my HP 15 notebook back on and it required many updates, including windows 10. Did all that and my PC was still incredibly slow. Reset the PC, still slow and 'not responds' to almost any program. So I bought a Samsung SSD Hard drive to see if that would solve...
  9. Multiple clean installs, New SSD, still going to auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple clean installs, New SSD, still going to auto repair loop: x2 SSDs 16gb RAM Windows 10 Pro (digital license) 20H2 from MS's Media Creation Tool Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV After multiple (like 10+) clean installs on two different SSDs (one brand new), Windows 10 keeps going into an auto repair loop and is unable to be fixed by any...
  10. Multiple clean installs, New SSD, still going to auto repair loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple clean installs, New SSD, still going to auto repair loop.: x2 SSDs 16gb RAM Windows 10 Pro (digital license) Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV After multiple (like 10+) clean installs on two different SSDs (one brand new), Windows 10 keeps going into an auto repair loop and is unable to be fixed by any bcdboot or bcdedit commands. Trying...