Windows 10: Repairing SSD

Discus and support Repairing SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomasmSSD, May 4, 2021.

1. Repairing SSD

Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for several hours later. Then, the installation just failed midupdate and then no windows was detected on the drive.I tried to use a USB with media creation tool to repair it but it said it wasn't able to.I then, bought a hard drive and installed windows on it. The PC booted up fine and the SSD was accessible, inside it there was two folders window.old and windows10upgrade.My question is : can I repair windows on my SSD ? Or do I need to save all my

:)

thomasmSSD, May 4, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 4, 2021
  3. Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, May 4, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

Repairing SSD

I flashed my DCII-7970 with Ati flash and now it's not working

open a RMA with ASUS send the card in for repair if atiflash isn't listing both cards then there is no possibility for you to repair it

OneMoar, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Repairing SSD

1. Repairing SSD - Similar Threads - Repairing SSD

2. Repair BSOD with swaping SSD m2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair BSOD with swaping SSD m2: Hello it is possible to get rid of BSOD and pc crash by swapinch ssd2?Every possible fix i try crash ith others errors or simple my pc restart before i can finish it. My windows is corrupted i cannot upgrade him also when i try to fix it, new error Error 0x800f081f + others...
  3. Repair BSOD with swaping SSD m2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair BSOD with swaping SSD m2: Hello it is possible to get rid of BSOD and pc crash by swapinch ssd2?Every possible fix i try crash ith others errors or simple my pc restart before i can finish it. My windows is corrupted i cannot upgrade him also when i try to fix it, new error Error 0x800f081f + others...
  4. How can I repair my boot from SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I repair my boot from SSD?: After 4 months of trouble-free operation, my SSD suddenly refused to boot. Drive seems okay and files are visible by CMD from a recovery. Several files have been checked by copying to USB and investigating, and they are not corrupted. However, I cannot repair boot sector....
  5. How can I repair my boot from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair my boot from SSD?: After 4 months of trouble-free operation, my SSD suddenly refused to boot. Drive seems okay and files are visible by CMD from a recovery. Several files have been checked by copying to USB and investigating, and they are not corrupted. However, I cannot repair boot sector....
  6. How can I repair my boot from SSD?

7. No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD: Im in automatic repair mode & this is the line of text next to the log file.f:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles/srttrail.txtIv gone through the command prompt and done all the steps and got to the cd d:windows/system32…ext It wouldn’t let me go past the system32...
  8. No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD: Im in automatic repair mode & this is the line of text next to the log file.f:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles/srttrail.txtIv gone through the command prompt and done all the steps and got to the cd d:windows/system32…ext It wouldn’t let me go past the system32...
  9. No system32+ repair. How wipe SSD

10. How can I repair Windows 11 on a separate SSD?

How can I repair Windows 11 on a separate SSD?: I had problems with 2 of my SSD's a few days ago, where the OS on the main SSD was broken. Fortunately I was able to fix it myself through some pain and Command Prompt sfc /scannow. Everything was back to normal, but yesterday I force shutdown my laptop it was not in the...