Windows 10: Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10

Discus and support Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two 4TB HDD's that were in a Qnap NAS. The partition table on both has apparently been corrupted. The drives will not show up in the NAS. I took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregRichardson2, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10

I have two 4TB HDD's that were in a Qnap NAS. The partition table on both has apparently been corrupted. The drives will not show up in the NAS. I took them out and installed on a computer with a USB adapter. They show up in Disk Manager with all partitions, including the main data partition, as RAW. I tried to analyze with TestDisk, but it did not show the correct disk size (1.8TB vs. 4TB). The same reduced size shows in the computer's UEFI, but the full size shows in Disk Manager. I am leary of EaseUS or Parted Magic after reading some poor reviews. Is there a way to repair the partition table without deleting the data; and if not, what is the best recovery tool to copy the data off of the drive?

:)

GregRichardson2, Nov 7, 2018
  2. TrueRock2 Win User

How to delete the GUID Partition Table (GPT) on a HDD

Greg,

Thanks for the reply... and, your Windows Clean Install Guide is great. I'm actually using it for this build I'm working on.

Yes, I plan to use GPT - but, I want to delete sector 0 on the HDD to get rid of the old MBR partition table and I also want to delete sector 1 on the HDD where the GUID partition table (GPT) is located. I am concerned that the virus may have infected the
    partition tables.

I would think that deleting the HDD partitions might clean out the HDD partition table - but, I'm not positive. So, I want to delete both the MBR and the GUID partition tables and I do not know of a Windows DISKPART command that can do that.

I am so paranoid about this virus that I am even re-flashing the UEFI firmware back to factory settings using a switch located on the system-board.

TrueRock2, Nov 7, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10

Windows 10 "Invalid partition table."?

How about trying rebuilding MBR?

If you have a Windows installation disc, you can fix invalid partition table via Command Prompt, here are solutions:

Step 1: Insert installation disc into your computer and boot PC from the disc. Click “Repair your computer”

Step 2: Select Command Prompt in the “System Recovery Options” window.

Step 3: Type “bootrec.exe” in Command Prompt and press “Enter”.

Step 4: Type “/FixMbr” on Windows. Restart computer and check if the issue is fixed.

For more solutions you can view:
    how to fix invalid partition table error on Windows
    ?

Casimira2016, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10

1. Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Repar HDD partition

2. Windows 10 Install Partition Table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Install Partition Table: Hello,I want to know if this is possible and how to do using diskpart and what commands to useI’m installing Windows 10, I want to know if either the System Reserved Partition or Windows 10 Partition can be logical partitions in my MBR partition table to the...
  3. Windows 10 Install Partition Table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Install Partition Table: Hello,I want to know if this is possible and how to do using diskpart and what commands to useI’m installing Windows 10, I want to know if either the System Reserved Partition or Windows 10 Partition can be logical partitions in my MBR partition table to the...
  4. Windows 10 Install Partition Table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  6. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  7. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Invalid partition table repair: How can I repair Windows 10 "Invalid partition table? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-invalid-partition-table-repair/3aa1b23a-f2b0-4aef-a44b-3f7de7e3ef98
  9. Corrupted Partition Table

Corrupted Partition Table: How do I fix a hard drive with a broken partition table, I have tried the following: *diskpart - tried cleaning it with this but failed * - list volume it only shows my USB which is the one I am using to install Windows *bootrec /fixmbr - Gives me "access...
  10. Invalid partition table

Invalid partition table: I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!' I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this...