Windows 10: reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

Discus and support reparing bad clusters in an external HDD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mirza.sharafata, Jan 12, 2022.

1. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the problem is, chkdsk is showing "the disk does not have enough space to replace bad sectors". My hard drive is 3 TB and used space is 2TB.Now can you can please tell me, what are the advanced options available to further repair the disk, except that of copying the content to a safer location. As it is a golden chance that I

:)

mirza.sharafata, Jan 12, 2022

2. Checkdisk gives always the same report: Adding 7 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.

Hi all,

I hope this finds you all well in these horrible days.

I just run a few weeks ago a checkdisk /f /r /x /b on a secondary and otherwise healthy drive in my Toshiba laptop. It is a mechanical HDD.

It gave me the following conclusion:

Adding 7 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.

Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.

No further action is required.

Later I repeated the test but it gave the exact same message. After this test, I realized that some of my shortcuts disappeared, but I could find them and put them back to the original folder.

And then I repeated the test again. It just keep giving me the same error.

I do not think that each time this HDD develops 7 new bad clusters. I think something is fishy about this.

What do you thing about this?

Have a nice day!

Mr. Jack Hill, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Torrmic Win User
    TOTAL LIST OF SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ON HDD WITH MULTIPLY BAD UNRECOVERABLE SEGMENTS.

Is there a way to export from a hdd with multiply bad segments, that will not boot the list of previously installed software. The new hdd and software has been installed, however having a list of software from the Bad HDD would make the recovery complete
    for the client. especially when the client has not recollection of all previous software. Bad HDD can be used as external drive, not as primary bootable.

Torrmic, Jan 12, 2022
  4. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

Perform Upgrade of Windows Cluster & SQL Cluster from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

I am looking to perform Upgrade of Windows cluster on which SQL cluster is running 2008 R2 and i have to upgrade the OS to 2012 R2.

Please can some one suggest or share some step by step guide which i can refer.

Thanks in Advance!!

Kumar

NiteshKumar10, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

1. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD. - Similar Threads - reparing bad clusters

2. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  3. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  4. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  5. reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reparing bad clusters in an external HDD.: I have an encrypted external HDD bitlocker. Due to badclusters, the bitlocker window hanged as soon as correct password is entered. Now somehow after repeated attempts I have managed to enter HDD. Now I am trying to repair bad clusters through chkdsk in PowerShell. Now the...
  6. Chkdsk finding bad cluster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk finding bad cluster: So I am trying to update windows, but it keeps failing over and over. Neither the cumulative update is installing, nor the 20H2 update is getting installed. So after some googling, I understood that running CHKDSK might solve the problem. So here I am trying to run CHKDSK and...
  7. Checkdisk gives always the same report: Adding 7 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Checkdisk gives always the same report: Adding 7 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.: Hi all, I hope this finds you all well in these horrible days. I just run a few weeks ago a checkdisk /f /r /x /b on a secondary and otherwise healthy drive in my Toshiba laptop. It is a mechanical HDD. It gave me the following conclusion: Adding 7 bad clusters to the...
  8. Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??: Hello ! I have an external hard drive that use as backup and is locked with Bitlocker and everything is fine for that. But in this disk I have a folder named: "DVD, CD, ISO..." which is a folder of Favorites. Can not delete or rename it, Windows uses the 3 points as extention...
  9. Check Disk, bad clusters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check Disk, bad clusters: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>cmd.exe Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>chkdsk E:/f/r The type of the file system is...
  10. Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repar HDD partition table in Windows 10: I have two 4TB HDD's that were in a Qnap NAS. The partition table on both has apparently been corrupted. The drives will not show up in the NAS. I took them out and installed on a computer with a USB adapter. They show up in Disk Manager with all partitions, including the...