Windows 10: Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

Discus and support Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts. Here is what I would like to do. 1. Copy files out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The_Valonqar, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

The D: or Recovery Drive partition on my hard drive is full, and I am getting constant alerts.

Here is what I would like to do.

1. Copy files out of the D: Volume into C: Volume.

2. Delete the D: Volume.

3. Shrink the C: Volume by 10 GB

4. Create a new D: Volume adding the freed up space.

5. Copy back the files from the D: Volume

Will this work? Will Windows still recognize it as the Recovery Drive?

Thank you for any input.

:)

The_Valonqar, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DRepartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62 :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DRepartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62 :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Fourstaff, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

Repartitioning a Windows 10 PC?

I have a HP-P077tx laptop with Windows 10 installed, upgraded from Windows 8.1 which was preinstalled.

Now I was planning to change the size and number of partitions of my hard drive and reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable Windows 10 usb drive. I have couple of question regarding that:-

• Since I am repartitioning I saw some hidden partitions like 'efi' containing windows boot manager and some recovery partition. But I have already made a backup of all the useful data, so during formatting and repartitioning of hard drive druing install,
      should I remove all partitions or should I leave these recovery partition and efi partition for safe install?? And mind it I have already made backup of necessary files and software
    • Second, since I am doing a clean install using bootable usb drive do I need installation key as my PC came preinstalled with windows and I do not have a key...

SivakethanSuddapalli, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62

1. Repartitioning the D: or Recovery Drive on my HP G62 - Similar Threads - Repartitioning Recovery Drive

2. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck: I want to repartition drive D: into drive C:, I use partition tools and there it says that I have to decrypt drive D: in order to continue the process, I go into 'Device Encryption Settings' and decrypt the device, when running it suddenly the process stopped and the process...
  3. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck: I want to repartition drive D: into drive C:, I use partition tools and there it says that I have to decrypt drive D: in order to continue the process, I go into 'Device Encryption Settings' and decrypt the device, when running it suddenly the process stopped and the process...
  4. recovery D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery D: drive: does anyone know how to recover the recovery D: drive on a touch screen hp laptop computer? I reset my computer to an earlier date before I started having issues with my computer but when I did I noticed my files and folders were all out of order and in the wrong place. I...
  5. Recovery D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery D Drive: My computer recentyly crash and I had to install a new Hard Drive. The HD I purchased was Identical to my Dell Pc and it had Windows 10 pro already installed. Everything works fine but the only thing I notice is when you open File explorer and click This PC it doesn't show...
  6. Recovery D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D drive: I lost my Recovery D drive months ago, how do I re-install it ?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-d-drive/911120f6-73d5-4895-b65b-33ea7249c2ba
  7. Recovery D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D drive: I have had a windows 10 for about 8 months now. It is not my main laptop and there is little stored on it. I have noticed that the RECOVERY (D:) shows 13.6 GB USED 1.06 GB FREE. This doesn't seem right. Any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated...
  8. Recovery D Drive

Recovery D Drive: Hello. Yesterday, there was a message stating my Recovery D drive is almost full. I don't how this happen. The only files in this drive is the Recovery folder, WindowsApp and WpSystem. Is there a way to clear the folders or compress files for space? Thank you....
  9. D drive, recovery

D drive, recovery: I formatted my D drive by mistake. How do I get it back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-recovery/fb51be70-f626-4817-b060-f2e3ca6368ee
  10. Recovery Drive D:

Recovery Drive D:: I had not backed up my system since I purchased Windows 8. But now I have a Windows 10 upgrade. I decided I needed to back up every thing, so I purchased USB with 64 GB on it. Went to System files where you backup and put the USB in the slot of my drive and thought it was...