Windows 10: Repeat Booting

Discus and support Repeat Booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I need help on a Toshiba laptop which keeps on repeat booting over and over and over again. I tried to do a Safe Mode by using the SHIFT + Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Landia, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Landia Win User

Repeat Booting

Hello. I need help on a Toshiba laptop which keeps on repeat booting over and over and over again. I tried to do a Safe Mode by using the SHIFT + Power Button but did nothing. This happen after I just did an update for windows.

Here are some screen shots of my issue:

Repeat Booting [​IMG]

Repeat Booting [​IMG]

Repeat Booting [​IMG]

I don't want to re-install windows unless there is no other way. It seems like it's trying to start windows but it keep repeating the 3 steps or pictures above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

Landia, Sep 23, 2017
  2. tonycobb Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0xc0000005

booting into safemode and repeating the process allowed me to update.

tonycobb, Sep 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen and Repeating Character

Thank you for your response.

I am unable to get past the login (enter password) screen to access any additional functions such as a clean boot.

As the character repeats, when I press the ctl key, it stops repeating. Release the key, the repeating continues.

Starduster62, Sep 23, 2017
  4. Repeat Booting

It would appear that your boot manager on your Windows drive was corrupted. If you have access to another computer, download the Media Creation Tool (linked in my sig) and create an installation USB or DVD. Once you have done that, follow this guide:

Repair EFI Bootloader

This is on the Dell website, but should work regardless of PC make as it is dealing with Windows directly and not a specific machine.

ArazelEternal, Sep 23, 2017
  5. Landia Win User
    Thanks!

I will give this a try and get back if there are more questions.

Landia, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Landia Win User
    It's not working. Am I suppose to install the MediaCreationTool.exe in the USB flash drive BEFORE I put it in the not working laptop?

When I put the USB with the MediaCreationTool.exe, it did nothing. It is still doing the repeat booting again and again and again. Also, how am I suppose to make the laptop boot on the USB flash drive when I can not see any settings?

Again, am I suppose to install the MediaCreationTool.exe within the USB flash drive first?

Thanks!

Landia, Sep 23, 2017
  7. No. If you would have read the info on the website, it should have told you how to use it. You download the tool and run the tool. The tool will guide you through the process of creating a installation USB or DVD.

8. Landia Win User

Repeat Booting

ok, I see. I have to run the tool MediaCreationTool.exe on the working computer.

Landia, Sep 23, 2017
  9. Landia Win User
    Wait a minute, will this method delete all of my personal files? Will this tool re-install a fresh Windows 10? If it will totally delete all of my personal files on my laptop, I will have to see if there is another way to restore Windows 10 on the repeat booting laptop.

Thanks!

Landia, Sep 23, 2017
  10. No, it wont. Not unless you do an actual reinstall of Windows. Having a Windows setup drive also allows you to make repairs described in that article I linked you to.

11. Landia Win User
    ok, the installation gave me an error message from using the working computer:

Repeat Booting [​IMG]

If I am suppose to install it on the effected laptop, I do not now how since it is repeating the booting screen. I can try again today. But it took almost 10 hours to install it and it failed at the end.

Landia, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Repeat Booting

1. Repeat Booting - Similar Threads - Repeat Booting

2. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  3. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  4. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  6. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  7. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  8. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  9. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. An infinite boot up where i see the logo and then it goes black and repeats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An infinite boot up where i see the logo and then it goes black and repeats: How do i get the loading screen boot up on my hp laptop, my laptop is on and then the hp logo comes up with the spinning circle under it but when it spins its stops then the screen goes black and this keeps repeating....