Windows 10: Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Discus and support Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kcso121ret, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes for this error fail. I am down to the possibility of a PC reset but really don't want to lose all the programs.

I can't seem to cut and paste the setupact and setuperr logs because they are long. Is there another way to attach those logs? Or, is there a smaller portion of the log that you would need to analyze?

Thanks so much, Ron

:)

kcso121ret, Oct 21, 2019

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Oct 21, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

Similar there.
    You are missing an EFI partition too. Here's mine (1903) - note the 99Mb EFI partition:

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903 [​IMG]

- noting the Recovery partition is NTFS - not sure where the idea in that thread about FAT32 comes from.

Here are all the partitions - Disk Management omits the 16Mb one:

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903 [​IMG]

In the thread I quoted- not the most straightforward- it seems one basic step taken was to
    a. Image 'C: '
    b. Clean install Windows
    c. Replace the new Windows partition by restoring it from the image created
    d. (Note when rebooting, this may sort itself out via automated repair, or need Startup repair to be run)

If you search for
    msconfig boot empty
    or
    msconfig boot empty "Windows 10"
    you will find numerous references which may help.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2019
  4. S-and-S Win User

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

The way to find out if it's safe to install v.1903 - or any feature update - is to consult Microsoft's own website.

On its website, Microsoft has a complete list of known bugs as well as the progress of any fixes. You can review the bugs and decide whether or not they might apply to your computer. Not every bug affects every configuration.

With all due respect to the many helpers here, I prefer to rely on hard information rather than opinions, however well-considered.

Here is
    Microsoft's official list for v.1903

Sometimes it's not so easy to understand Microsoft's technical descriptions. Fortunately, a search of the internet will provide lots of explanation. For example, here is an explanation from

The Windows Club

My computer is 9 years old. The v.1903 update took 1 hour and 29 minutes from beginning to end.

S-and-S, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

1. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903 - Similar Threads - Repeat Failure Feature

2. Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update: Hi I've had this now since at least September. I've tried just about every solution suggested on these forums and online. Everytime the same, it downloads, says it's installing but fails and then just repeats the process. I've been through the windows set-up process,...
  3. Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903: I'm getting an error when I try to run windows update. I stops on and asks me to uninstall a app on the pc. But when I try to uninstall that app, the uninstall hangs when it looks for a file that doesn't exist in the pc....
  4. Win 10 Features update Failure

Win 10 Features update Failure: I have an older Dell Inspiron 11 3174 Laptop. It was turned off for awhile (about a year) because I bought a new Acer). I have decided to sell the Dell. Multiple problems ensued. First I was unable to do a reset or wipe, it started out fine, got to around 84 or 85% and...
  5. Win 10 Feature 1903 update ??

Win 10 Feature 1903 update ??: For the past 2 days I have been trying to get this update on my Dell 660. It starts the download process get's to 70% ready and then stops. The last time I started the process was this afternoon at 3:30 pm and when I returned home at 7:30 it still showed getting things...
  6. win 10 1903 add option feature failure

win 10 1903 add option feature failure: after upgrading to win 1903, I want to add a option feature of "Microsoft Print to PDF" . but it was failed . it said "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes." and "an error has occurred not all of the feature were sucessfully changed". thanks for help....
  7. Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903

Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903: I am having trouble with a Win 10 update to Version 1903. Its failed 3 times in 2 weeks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure-v-1903/b324450f-a5b6-44e6-bb5d-3adfce66e5af
  8. 1903 Repeated Update Failures

1903 Repeated Update Failures: I cannot successfully update my Windows 10 installation to version 1903. The system attempts to install, fails at around 24% and rolls back changes with the error code 0x8007042b. I have attempted a number of solutions (DISM, SFC, Uninstalling 3rd party AV etc). I...
  9. win-10 feature update fails repeatedly

win-10 feature update fails repeatedly: Get error 0x80004005 How do I fix the problem - I don't know exactly what the problem is Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-feature-update-fails-repeatedly/9df3188d-8306-46c6-9fa4-f392d6a43009
  10. Repeated failures to update to version 1903

Repeated failures to update to version 1903: As documented in previous postings here, I've tried all of the suggested ways of installing the version 1903 update but continue to get "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Here are the Dropbox links for the Panther error logs as requested:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bootcamp feature update we couldnt update the system reserved partition