Windows 10: Repeat key not working

Discus and support Repeat key not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ram_SK, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Ram_SK Win User

Repeat key not working

Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It worked properly on that one. I tried using onscreen keyboard. Key repeat function worked on that as well. Kindly advise what is the conclusion and what is my next step?Please note that Filter Keys, Scroll Lock, etc are all turned off. I tried turning them on and off many times with no change in the problem. I also checked Sp

:)

Ram_SK, Oct 7, 2021

2. Repeat Keys not Working

If the above methods didn't work, we suggest that you uninstall all keyboard drivers. For you to uninstall the keyboard, follow the steps below:

• In the search box of Start menu, type device manager
      and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the keyboard that you want to completely uninstall.
    • Right click on it, select Properties and then select
      Uninstall
    • If the computer prompts you restart, do so.
    • If computer prompts you to restart, Windows will automatically install a generic keyboard driver.
    • Then update the keyboard drivers to the manufacturer of your device to update the latest keyboard driver.

Please keep us updated for us to assist you further.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Repeat key not working

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Repeat key not working

1. Repeat key not working - Similar Threads - Repeat key working

2. Key stuck and/or repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key stuck and/or repeating.: Hello, so this is a laptop keyboard issue that I've had for a little bit now, sometimes goes away, sometimes not. A specific key, in my case, the "D" key, upon being pressed keeps either repeating itself constantly like 4 or 5 letters come out of 1 click, not working or a mix...
  3. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  4. keys keeps repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  5. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  6. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key not registering and then repeating.: when I press the ‘ or “ key on my keyboard nothing happens, then if I press it again, I get ‘’ and “”. The problem isn’t the keyboard as I have moved the keyboard to another computer and also put a different keyboard on my computer and the problem still occurs on my computer...
  7. key not registering and then repeating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Repeat key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeat key not working: Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It...
  9. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...
  10. Key repeating on login...

in Windows 10 Support
    Key repeating on login...: Not sure if this is a keyboard firmware issue or not, in which case I'll post on the forums there but I don't remember it ever happening prior to Win10.. So the circumstances are completely repeatable and happen every time I do the following... I wrote a .vbs script to do...