Windows 10: Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

Discus and support Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting recorded phone calls from supposedly Microsoft and Windows demanding a payment of $299.00 for a Windows key and Microsoft problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Margarete1939de, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

I keep getting recorded phone calls from supposedly Microsoft and Windows demanding a payment of $299.00 for a Windows key and Microsoft problem solving or they will debit my bank account. I feel this is a scam and would like to hear from the community. Thank you! Margarete

:)

Margarete1939de, Feb 11, 2020

2. Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

That is what I would suggest and it is legal in The US as long as one of the parties knows that it is being recorded and since you are one of them it is OK. It would be illegal to say record your say room mates calls.

Josey Wales, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I received a call from someone claiming to be Microsoft

Hello Amy,

Microsoft does not make any unsolicited call to customers. I suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by SpiritX
    MS MVP replied on July 27, 2012 and check if it helps.

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Feb 11, 2020
  4. hpholm Win User

Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

w8.1 phone call recorder

The only call recorder apps that can work on Windows Phone is a 'conference call' setup where the third participant is a computer that records the call and makes it available online. They come at a cost, both for the app, the extra phone call and a possible
    subscription fee for the service. Availability vary by location.

Beware of fakes and discontinued services, since this is a popular request.

Please add your vote and comments for a built-in call recorder in one of the feature suggestions on

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions?query=call recorder

My setup is to put the phone on loudspeaker and then record the call on a handheld tape recorder (dictaphone) on the rare occasions I need it.

--

Hans

hpholm, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

1. Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of... - Similar Threads - Repeat recorded phone

2. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  3. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  4. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  5. Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?: In 2012 there was a discussion topic re calls from Microsoft Windows Computer Maintenance Department. These calls have re-appeared lately july 2021, we get several a day. Obviously these calls are a scam. Now I wonder if they can be counter attacked, or at least played with....
  6. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  7. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  8. Microsoft phone call?

Microsoft phone call?: So I got a call from some guy with a thick accent that I could hardly understand today. As near as I could figure he was calling from Microsoft about some sort of security violation and he wanted me to go to some website that would allow him to remotely access my computer....
  9. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft: I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer...
  10. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

phone call claiming to be Microsoft: At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970....