Windows 10: Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help?

Discus and support Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens a couple of times a week, and it's driving me nuts. Lenovo Carbon X1, about two months old, everything is up to date. I get 21 copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Todd Krein, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help?

This happens a couple of times a week, and it's driving me nuts.

Lenovo Carbon X1, about two months old, everything is up to date.

I get 21 copies of this error, and the laptop reboots.

Source

Desktop Window Manager

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎3/‎19/‎2019 9:29 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: dwm.exe

Application Version: 10.0.17134.1

Application Timestamp: f5178e97

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.556

Fault Module Timestamp: 74bed8b0

Exception Code: c00000fd

Exception Offset: 00000000000083cb

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: c96b

Additional Information 2: c96b6596785e4f501a9ff631a7817f64

Additional Information 3: 955f

Additional Information 4: 955fd599d2935383b44f7472a93e0a24

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 16651694b63bd3aec0dcb87ed3a71433 (1215048854339523635)

:)

Todd Krein, Mar 20, 2019

2. Windows explore crash when searching

The tenforums link solved this issue for me.

The root cause is a Windows 10 bug where File Explorer crashes when long file names are included in a search result. The steps for the workaround are:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View > Options
    • Open the View tab
    • Check "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    • Click OK

The Benjamin Moore, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help? [​IMG]

Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help? [​IMG]

Still no boot. Moving on to the next step.

Borromaeus, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help?

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

This is up to step 10. I assumed "/fixoot" was a typo and tried "/fixboot." Should I proceed?

Borromaeus, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help?

1. Repeated APPCRASH of dwm.exe in ntdll.dll causes my laptop to crash and reboot. Help? - Similar Threads - Repeated APPCRASH dwm

2. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  3. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  4. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is causing dwm to crash?

What is causing dwm to crash?: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  6. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  7. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  9. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. dwmcore dll errors appcrash windows reboot

3. dwm.exe 0xc0000374

4. 0xc0000374 dwm,
  5. app crash C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe Exception Code: e0464645,
  6. repeated dwm.exe app crash,
  7. dwmcore.dll fault module name d9ad,
  8. dwm ntdll crash sleep,
  9. dwm.exe appcrash