Windows 10: Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop

Discus and support Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I first built my PC back in January and was getting repeated BSODs of 'CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED'. I then RMA'd the CPU, SSD and Mobo and it was found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliverCraven, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop

I first built my PC back in January and was getting repeated BSODs of 'CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED'. I then RMA'd the CPU, SSD and Mobo and it was found that the latter two were faulty and replaced. Since rebuilding almost 2 weeks ago, I've had rare black screen crashes which then immediately restart, but they have become much more frequent and now occur on the opening of any program.

I tried reinstalling windows but now it crashes when I'm selecting options during the install. I therefore have no access to the desktop.

What do i do?

:)

OliverCraven, Mar 30, 2020
  2. banger Win User

Latest NVIDIA drivers keep crashing and recovering

GT610 and windows 10 latest drivers, was in firefox and chose print preview and got a black screen shortly followed by a banner saying the graphics driver had crashed and recovered. Also brought firefox to its knees as it also crashed. Repeated the previous steps and it was ok. Has randomly black screened on other things like the remote desktop modern app but again repeated steps and it didnt re-occur, anyone else seeing this, bad driver?

Tim

banger, Mar 30, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop

1. Repeated black screen crashes under any load it can manage desktop - Similar Threads - Repeated black screen

2. New PC crashing and blue screening under load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC crashing and blue screening under load.: hello, I recently built a new system with 7600x, 32gb ddr5 6000mhz ram, 650w thermaltake toughpower gf a3, msi b650m -p, WD_BLACK SN770 1TB. I also have a 1660 super and WD_BLACK SN850X from my previous build.Whenever I play a game or benchmark the system I will get a blue...
  3. New PC crashing and blue screening under load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC crashing and blue screening under load.: hello, I recently built a new system with 7600x, 32gb ddr5 6000mhz ram, 650w thermaltake toughpower gf a3, msi b650m -p, WD_BLACK SN770 1TB. I also have a 1660 super and WD_BLACK SN850X from my previous build.Whenever I play a game or benchmark the system I will get a blue...
  4. PC black screen issues under average load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screen issues under average load: Hi, I have been hunting for the answer to this issue for awhile and cannot seem to find a clear solution to my problem. As of the past couple months i have had an intermittent crash to black screen issue with my pc when it runs certain programs. The only way to pull it out of...
  5. PC black screen issues under average load

PC black screen issues under average load: Hi, I have been hunting for the answer to this issue for awhile and cannot seem to find a clear solution to my problem. As of the past couple months i have had an intermittent crash to black screen issue with my pc when it runs certain programs. The only way to pull it out of...
  6. PC black screen issues under average load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  8. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  9. Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working, Resulting in black screen crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working, Resulting in black screen crash: Windows has been consistently crashing while playing Hunt Showdown. Every time this occurs Reliability Monitor has shown "Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working" Today I reset windows downloaded from the cloud including removing all personal files. This was suggested by...
  10. Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any apps that can enable black screen for remoting desktop?: TeamViewer now requires paid version in order to use black screen feature. Splashtop have it too but must pay to remote outside :/ I have now switched to Google Remote Desktop which is 100% free Is there any apps that can enable black screen on monitor but still can see my...