Windows 10: Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up

Discus and support Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have a Dell desktop that is several years old. It came with Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out. Started getting blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by brightbrook, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up

Have a Dell desktop that is several years old. It came with Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out. Started getting blue screens a few months ago, but was able to get back into Windows by powering off & rebooting. Now it goes into Power Save mode (even though I have set it to Never Sleep, Never Hibernate, etc) and I can't get it going. Sometimes it just goes to a black screen, then Power Save, while I'm working. Can't do Automatic Repair ,can't Restore, it tells me there is no Restore Point, even though I recently created one. Tried various Command Prompt fixes offered h in the blue screen forum, nothing worked. Have various flash drives with System Image, Recovery, Windows 10 ISO, etc, and when I boot from them I can try to Repair Windows, but it always fails. It undoes changes, starts installing Windows, then goes into Power Save & never wakes up to complete the install. Had one successful reinstallation of Windows 10 last week (kept my files) it worked fine for several days but now the problem is back. Tried to repair again, but computer goes into Power Save and can't wake up. But after numerous attempts to repair and returning to Power Save, numerous turning off the power, turning on the power, going back into Power Save and never waking up, it tells me it tells me it can't repair/restore/recover. And all of a sudden, while booting from one of the flash drives, it'll just boot normally. Then the next day the same thing happens again.

Tried booting directly into Windows 10 from Advanced Options, but that doesn't work either.

Upgrades are current.

Ran Dell Diagnostics and it says that all of my hardware, including hard drive, is working fine.

:)

brightbrook, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Huddo93 Win User

power saving mode after a few minutes on gaming

My friend had a similar problem on his older desktop. if its similar it is a problem with your graphics card overheating or dying. two steps to take would be to open the computer and clean the graphics card cooler thoroughly. And second of all get a friends graphics card and try his in your computer. this will rule out completely any problems with your graphics card. Which i think it is.

Btw. its not your pc outputting "power saving mode". but instead its the monitor saying power saving mode since your graphics card is crashing and the screen is not recieving a signal and going to standby.

Huddo93, Jan 28, 2019
  3. prickett Win User
    Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it

No joy on changing to High Performance.

Not sure how to tell what/why I have a black screen with the monitor's showing they are in power saving mode (i.e. the indicator light on the monitor is amber rather than the usual blue). Any suggestions?

prickett, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Cliffy-HC Win User

Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up

1. Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up - Similar Threads - Repeated blue screen

2. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  3. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep: Hello all,I have a newer issue with my computer. I put my computer to sleep whenever I’m done using it. When I boot it back up, I’ll log in, everything will be normal for a second, then the screen will just turn black, it will flash back to my desktop, then I’ll get blue...
  4. Computer goes blue screen when waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated Blue Screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Blue Screen crashes: I was hoping somone could help. I keep getting repeated blue screen crashes with different stopcode messages but most seem to be related to ntoskrnl.exe. Its a Dell inspiron 5415 laptop. I've followed all dells suggestions but none have helped and they maintain it is a...
  6. Repeated Blue Screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated Blue Screen crashes: I was hoping somone could help. I keep getting repeated blue screen crashes with different stopcode messages but most seem to be related to ntoskrnl.exe. Its a Dell inspiron 5415 laptop. I've followed all dells suggestions but none have helped and they maintain it is a...
  7. Repeated blue screen crashes

Repeated blue screen crashes: Hello, One of my users has a laptop which is getting BSOD's frequently, and I'm trying to understand why. I've uploaded the mini dump file to my Google Drive here and the Sysinfo file from the affected laptop here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,...
  8. Windows 10 goes to power save mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 goes to power save mode: I have Acer AM 7720 with latest window 10. While using the PC if I am watching movie it will switch to black screen with message saying power save mode. PC is still running but no matter what I do with mouse or keyboard I can’t get back. I hear high pitch noise in headphones....
  9. Monitor goes into power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes into power saving mode: Hello,i have a problem with my dell S2216H monitor.When i try to boot into windows when litle circle starts spinning my monitor goes into power saving mode and i cant get out of it. I tried to get ram and battery out and rub it but it didnt help,i also disabled power...
  10. repeated blue screen crashes

repeated blue screen crashes: blue screen crash: error BDD.SYS can't handle thread. When follow instructions to fix problem, then printer won't work. I need to stop the crashes. I have fixed the printer problem....