Windows 10: Repeated blue screens, seems to be due to corrupted files?

Discus and support Repeated blue screens, seems to be due to corrupted files? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a fairly recent Mac --> Windows user, so I'm not familiar with working in this OS. My device is about 6-8 months old PowerSpec desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkW__, Jun 4, 2020.

1. MarkW__ Win User

Repeated blue screens, seems to be due to corrupted files?

Hi all,

I am a fairly recent Mac --> Windows user, so I'm not familiar with working in this OS. My device is about 6-8 months old PowerSpec desktop PC. I've tried just about everything I can find online that I feel comfortable attempting on my own. I will document it all below.

MAIN ISSUE: Repeated blue screens of death, computer freezes when booting up normally I can boot up fine in Safe Mode - occasionally it will boot up all the way normally before crashing during use within 10-15 minutes, I would guess, but I haven't documented the exact amount of time it works before crashing on these instances. I'm pretty sure this is all being caused by two corrupted files see below.

Potential Diagnosis: I have identified at least two corrupted files located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Models\\. These are 'SBCModel.json' and 'SBCModel.txt' through the following methods.

Summary of Attempted Fixes
    -in Safe Mode 'sfc /scannow' identifies that there are corrupted files but is unable to repair them

-in Safe Mode 'dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth' says that the component store is repairable

-in Safe Mode 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' cannot be started in Safe Mode

-in Safe Mode 'chkdsk /scan' cannot be started in Safe Mode

-on occasionally successful normal boot up 'sfc /scannow' identifies that there are corrupted files but is unable to repair them

-on occasionally successful normal boot up 'dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth' identifies that there are corrupted files but is unable to repair them

-on occasionally successful normal boot up 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' runs until about 80% before computer freezes

-on occasionally successful normal boot up 'chkdsk /scan' I don't remember what happens when I run this command - I think I have been able to do it once with similar results to the immediately previous command, but I can't keep the normal desktop open long enough to try it right now before it crashes again

Most Common Blue Screen Error Messages

-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA points to 'fltmgr.sys' file

-SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Other Notes

-NVIDIA GeGorce RTX 2080 graphics card is up-to-date

-I have a Windows update available, but the computer crashes whenever I try to perform this update on occasionally successful normal boot up

-I do not have a recovery image available

-I have been been able to find access to any 'good'/uncorrupted 'SBCModel.json' and 'SBCModel.txt' files to copy/replace my corrupted versions

-Uninstalling various drivers from Safe Mode prior to rebooting more frequently allows the computer to start normally in particular, uninstalling 'Display adapters > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080' followed by 'Disk drives > INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8' and then restarting the computer

I really don't know what I'm doing here at all, and I don't want to start deleted corrupted files without knowing what I'm doing. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to be working from home still, and I can't even do that now. More than happy to post any additional details, error message, etc, and will stay responsive to this thread.

:)

MarkW__, Jun 4, 2020

2. Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Repeated blue screens, seems to be due to corrupted files? - Similar Threads - Repeated blue screens

2. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption": For the past few months, my Alienware M15 R2 has been suffering from often BSODs From every 5 minutes to every 30 minutes. In my attempt to fix the situation, I have downloaded a fresh install for a total of 5 times. The BSODs stops completely for a few days, and then they...
  3. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption": For the past few months, my Alienware M15 R2 has been suffering from often BSODs From every 5 minutes to every 30 minutes. In my attempt to fix the situation, I have downloaded a fresh install for a total of 5 times. The BSODs stops completely for a few days, and then they...
  4. Repeated BSOD due to "memory managment/corruption"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Repeated Blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Blue screens: Hello! My computer has been acting up recently, I get repeated blue screens of 3 different names Bad Pool Caller, Reference By Pointer, and Page Fault in Nonpaged Area at completely random times with no uniform intervals. I can't possibly find out what the source was. I've...
  6. Repeated Blue screens

Repeated Blue screens: Hello! My computer has been acting up recently, I get repeated blue screens of 3 different names Bad Pool Caller, Reference By Pointer, and Page Fault in Nonpaged Area at completely random times with no uniform intervals. I can't possibly find out what the source was. I've...
  7. Repeated blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated blue screen: Hello everyone,I have an old laptop PC which I do not use often. Recently, when I tried to use it, it kept showing blue screen. I actually don’t know why was it happening? Information relating to the screen is as below:BCCode: 3bBCP1: 00000000C0000005BCP2:...
  8. Repeated blue screen

Repeated blue screen: Hello everyone,I have an old laptop PC which I do not use often. Recently, when I tried to use it, it kept showing blue screen. I actually don’t know why was it happening? Information relating to the screen is as below:BCCode: 3bBCP1: 00000000C0000005BCP2:...
  9. Repeated Blue Screens

Repeated Blue Screens: For the past week I have been getting BSOD and crashes without it. I have reinstalled windows, updated all driver and bios to the most recent versions, purchased and installed a new Seasonic 850w power supply. I have also ran memtest86 twice and windows memory diagnostics...
  10. Repeating blue screen

Repeating blue screen: I just got a brand new laptop today. I was on it for a couple hours before leaving for work. I then get back, go on my laptop for little more than an hour and it blue screens on me. So i let it restart and get back to working only for it to blue screen again. Now every time I...