Windows 10: repeated BSOD crashes - many types

Discus and support repeated BSOD crashes - many types in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been unable to locate the problem of repeated crashes now over a period of 9 months. I've had every message you can get, it seems. (The last 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pt007786, Oct 31, 2016.

1. pt007786 Win User

repeated BSOD crashes - many types

I've been unable to locate the problem of repeated crashes now over a period of 9 months. I've had every message you can get, it seems. (The last 3 were : win32kbase, win32kfull and bad pool header). They are occurring about once a day now. They occur after the computer is on for a while (I leave it on overnight). The last two crashes were present when I got up in the morning. About 9 months ago I updated to Windows 10, installed a second monitor and upgraded to 8G of memory and changed my system drive to SSD. So it has been hard to determine where the problem lies. I installed driver updates when I've been able to find them.

I have been putting up with the problem, but now I'm having to recover from corrupt data each time. So I need to do something about it!

I hope someone can delve a little deeper than I can.

Thanks of the help

- Paul

:)

pt007786, Oct 31, 2016

2. BSod did Verifier driver got into a loop got my dmp files!

Related to Virtualbox driver.

Was the BSOD before verifier a one-off? You do not need to worry if it was so. If repeated crashes,

Uninstall Virtualbox temporarily to see if the crashes stop.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 31, 2016
  3. BSOD repeat crashes

Hi,

Those errors are likely to be caused by hardware in this case. What upgrades were done by who? Suspect memory and hard drive (especially an SSD and its firmware).

If you are over-clocking anything STOP!

The Bug_Check were 12B, EF,& C4.

Sounds like this could games, programs, or hardware as there was no real help in the minidumps.

1. Remove ALL power then reseat the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible).

How To Reseat Expansion Cards

How to Reseat Expansion Cards in a Computer

How to Reseat a Desktop Memory Module

How to Reseat a Desktop Memory Module

How to Reseat Internal Data and Power Cables

Reseating Data & Power Cables Is Often a Magic Fix

Reseating your RAM, Video Card, and Hard Drive

2. Check with Gigabyte Support, their on-line documentation, and drivers. Update the BIOS,
    the low level chipset drivers, and the major on-board and separate device drivers
    (see driver update methods above).

BiosVersion = F3

BiosReleaseDate = 04/24/2014

SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

SystemProductName = H97M-HD3

BaseBoardManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoardProduct = H97M-HD3

BaseBoardVersion = x.x

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz"

MaxSpeed: 3200

CurrentSpeed: 3200

Gigabyte Support

GIGABYTE Global

Gigabyte Downloads

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx

3. There is no direct reason to suspect the video card or the video drivers however it would be prudent to check with Nvidia Support and their forums for any known issues with the 10/6/2017 driver versions.

Check the memory very thoroughly (see memory test methods below).

5. Check the hard drive and cabling - is an SSD update the firmware from its maker.

6. Use ALL the other methods in the troubleshooters below.

7. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods previously posted.

--------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Keep in mind that the odds are hardware is involved and you can't fix hardware with software.

BCCode: EF 0x0000000EF <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/The-kernel-attempted-to-ready-a-thread-that-was-in-an-0x000000EF-*1237.html?order=date

Usually indicates a hardware error.

BCCode: 12B 0x0000012B

B
    CCode: 12B 0x00000012B FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE <-- read this link

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-...NOT-HANDLED-0x0000007E-*1141.html?order=votes

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/driverdlmfgr.htm

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/memtest86-test-ram.2010/

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essemtially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff554113(v=VS.85).aspx

How to use Windows Driver Verifier Manager to Troubleshoot & Identify Driver

Issues

Driver Verifier

http://www.techsupportforum.com/2110308-post3.html

Using Driver Verifier

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions/using_driver_verifier.php

You can disable Driver Verifier

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump indicates a problem with FSPFltd2.sys
    Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffffc40a3b745430, ffffc40a3b745560, 4130003} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FSPFltd2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FSPFltd2.sys Probably caused by : FSPFltd2.sys ( FSPFltd2+3d62 )[/quote] This belongs to something called FSPro File Filter 2 which is old: 3/06/2011 10:59:38 PM
    I recommend uninstalling it. If you need it or something like it, see if there is a newer version available or a replacement for it.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2016
  5. pt007786 Win User
    I uninstalled the fspro software and rebooted. However a few hours later I had another BSOD.
    I have attached the latest reports.

Help is much appreciated.

pt007786, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The 11/3 6:21 dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver/card.
    Code: ffffcc00`3c93f2b0 fffff80d`1878c790Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x8ac790[/quote] You have version 341.98 installed. The Nvidia web site has version 342.0 available.

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:
    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads
    Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 3, 2016
  7. pt007786 Win User
    Okay. I did a DDU uninstall and reinstalled the latest 342.0 driver.

The latest BSOD report is attached.

Thank you.

pt007786, Nov 8, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The newest dump is complaining about FSPFltd2.sys:
    Code: BugCheck 19, {e, ffffc50d106c4e10, 19e38c6570007a00, 19e38c6570887a03} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FSPFltd2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FSPFltd2.sys[/quote] This belongs to FSPro Labs program. I don't see anything like My Lockbox, Hide Folders or Hide FOlder Extensions in your install or uninstall files. Dated 3/06/2011.

The previous dump shows a problem with : rtwlanu.sys
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80ba9426259, 0, ffffffffffffffff} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys[/quote] This is for your Wireless Lan (WiFi) I think. Dated 2012.

The dates are not bad for Windows 7 but terrible for Windows 10 if you go there again.

Ztruker, Nov 8, 2016
  9. pt007786 Win User
    OK.
    The FSPFltd2.sys was left over from the uninstall of Hide Folders last week. It's deleted now.
    I also deleted the old wifi driver - rtwlanu.sys

After a reboot, the system worked through the night, but shortly after I woke the display, the system crashed.

Latest crash reports attached.

pt007786, Nov 9, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Give Driver Verifier a try, see if it gives us any better information:

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

repeated BSOD crashes - many types [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    repeated BSOD crashes - many types [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2016
  11. pt007786 Win User
    Verifier: I've awakened a monster!
    I got a result - totrec8.sys
    But took me 2 hours to get the monster back in the cage. The startup methods : command line and the disable drivers did not work. (I forgot to do a restore point).
    Finally managed to do a Ctrl-Alt_del to task manager as soon as windows opened & then accessed Verifier
    Brrr!
    I'll upgrade Total Recorder & see what happens.
    Thanks.

pt007786, Nov 9, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    If you can, run DM_Log_collector again so I can look at the dump

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2016
  13. pt007786 Win User

Ok. Thanks. File attached. This hopefully includes the 2 crashes encouraged by Verifier. Both said "totrec8.sys" on the BSOD screen.
    I was waiting for the next crash after uninstalling Total Recorder 8. But, darn, no crash to report yet. ha ha. fingers crossed.

pt007786, Nov 10, 2016
  14. pt007786 Win User
    this is the correct log files (attached)

pt007786, Nov 10, 2016
  15. pt007786 Win User
    (duplicate post removed)

pt007786, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. repeated BSOD crashes - many types - Similar Threads - repeated BSOD crashes

2. Repeated Crashes and BSOD. rtux64w10, igdkmdnd64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Crashes and BSOD. rtux64w10, igdkmdnd64: would you please support, I'm getting many Random BSOD and computer crashes.The main Error i receive is Driver_IQRL_not_less_or_Equal rtux64w10.sys and Video_TDR_Failure igdkmdnd64.sysThe laptop is Acer Swift X, Widnows 11 , OS 22621.2134, 2H22This is link for the dump...
  3. BSOD and many different crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and many different crashes: Hey all,I have been having lots of bsods recently. I have been experiencing them for 2-3 years, but it usually only would crash 1-2 times a week. For the past 2 weeks it has been increasing to the point where my computer is crashing about once an hour. Some of the stop codes...
  4. BSOD and many different crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and many different crashes: Hey all,I have been having lots of bsods recently. I have been experiencing them for 2-3 years, but it usually only would crash 1-2 times a week. For the past 2 weeks it has been increasing to the point where my computer is crashing about once an hour. Some of the stop codes...
  5. BSOD and many different crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Repeated crashing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated crashing BSOD: Hello,Over the past couple of months my computer has been crashing regularly. This happens randomly, sometimes in game, sometimes doing nothing, sometimes watching video or browsing the internet.I am getting multiple different causes when analyzing it through "Who Crashed"-...
  7. Repeated crashing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated crashing BSOD: Hello,Over the past couple of months my computer has been crashing regularly. This happens randomly, sometimes in game, sometimes doing nothing, sometimes watching video or browsing the internet.I am getting multiple different causes when analyzing it through "Who Crashed"-...
  8. Windows 10 Crashing Repeatedly BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashing Repeatedly BSOD: Over the past 10 days my computer has crashed 5 times with various error codes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003bI have tried to troubleshoot this myself but I have had no luck. I have uninstalled new...
  9. Windows repeatedly crashes into BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows repeatedly crashes into BSOD: I've had an 1TB HD with newly Windows 10 installed(From Microsoft's website), the system worked great for a couple of hours and then it crashed with BSOD showing error code "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" The documentation suggests that this might be an hardware problem so I...
  10. Repeated freeze crashes (no BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeated freeze crashes (no BSOD): Cross-posted at Question - Windows 10 machine crashes by freezing--hardware or software? | Tom's Hardware Forum CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Ram: 2 x 8GB DDR3, Ballistix SSD/HDD: SanDisk 1TB SSD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, however, currently...