Windows 10: Repeated BSOD different errors...

Discus and support Repeated BSOD different errors... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had about 20-30 BSODs since upgrading to win10pro from win8.1 and I'm pretty frustrated. I have not installed any new hardware outside of a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nottheman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. nottheman Win User

Repeated BSOD different errors...

I've had about 20-30 BSODs since upgrading to win10pro from win8.1 and I'm pretty frustrated. I have not installed any new hardware outside of a new HDD to replace one that recently failed about a month ago. It was not my main boot drive but where I stored most of my games. My main boot drive was replaced about 2-3 months ago from a 120GB SSD to a 240GB SSD.

I believe all my drivers are as up to date as they can be as I submitted to the eightforums for help with problems from my last OS. Please let me know if you can identify what is causing my problems. Also is there a way for me to identify the issue on my own through sorting through the log files myself?

Thanks!

:)

nottheman, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Zyplox Win User

Repeated BSOD with multiple different errors + Rapid turn on and shut down

it seems like an abrupt issue

how do i set a system restore point?

sometimes, auto shutdowns occur even when the computer is not running a game

I get different error messages each time, but the relevant event ids are the same, "Kernel-power" (ID 41)

Here's the details:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 31/5/2016 1:20:03 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Alienware

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>3</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-31T05:20:03.960266800Z" />

<EventRecordID>18287</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Alienware</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Zyplox, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Repeated BSOD with multiple different errors + Rapid turn on and shut down

Hello Zyplox,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you from here.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Is it an abrupt issue? Did you make any software and hardware changes to the computer prior to the issue
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Apart from the games, do you experience any performance issues while working normally in Windows 10?
    • What is the error message in the Blue Screen error? Also, did you check the for the relevant Event Ids in Windows pertaining to the issue?

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to consider a few important points that can help you.

• PC games will generally have two sets of system requirements, the ‘minimum’ and the ‘recommended’. So it again depends on the game and how much PC resource it needs to run at optimal performance.
    • Next, certain performance tweaking/monitoring programs may seem to help, but it is only as good as a separate program running in the background. Few third party antivirus/firewall programs may also cause such issues.
    Next, I suggest you to place the computers in a Clean Boot state and then run the game.

It helps to identify if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Finally, check for Windows update to look for latest drivers for audio and video devices installed in your computer which helps improve performance related to gaming in Windows.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi nottheman,

Welcome to the 10forums.

You say you have had several crashes, but there is only 1 dump file in the zip and that dump file is from last month.

If you have used any method (a program or manually) to remove dump files, please stop with it while troubleshooting.
    The dump files are necessary for the troubleshooting process.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any recent dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

5. nottheman Win User
    thanks, it was setup for a kernal dump but I changed to minidump. The folder, as you said, only contained one file from 8/16/15 so I'll attached my dump files tomorrow after some new occurrences of bsod happen.

nottheman, Sep 20, 2015
  6. nottheman Win User
    Attached is my new submission. I had 5 bsod's today. I think it has something to do with flash since every time I'm playing a flash game in one of a few browsers that are open on pc.

nottheman, Sep 22, 2015
  7. nottheman Win User
    cant attached in quick reply...

nottheman, Sep 22, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

There are multiple causes
    Please check your installed apps and remove those you don't know and / or not use.

Please cleanup your startup items in taskmanager.
    These program could interfere with the boot process giving you a lot of trouble.

Please uninstall or update Acronis, some drivers are flagged and they are old
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm snapman start end module name fffff800`26800000 fffff800`26844000 snapman T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: snapman.sys Image path: snapman.sys Image name: snapman.sys Timestamp: Wed Aug 14 14:17:26 2013 (520B7556) CheckSum: 00043A9D ImageSize: 00044000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 2: kd> lmvm fltsrv start end module name fffff800`268e0000 fffff800`268fe000 fltsrv T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: fltsrv.sys Image path: fltsrv.sys Image name: fltsrv.sys Timestamp: Mon May 13 11:40:09 2013 (5190B4F9) CheckSum: 00021D3A ImageSize: 0001E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please uninstall the Catalyst Control Center and only install the AMD drivers.
    A driver of AMD has been flagged
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff800`a17a0000 fffff800`a2caa000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

9. nottheman Win User
    Howdy Axe0. I really appreciate the help here. When I went and updated several drivers and removed some unwanted programs my system was working good for about a day then the BSODs came back. I'm attached an appended batch of logs.

I have a question about some of my older drivers. I read online that I should not attempt to update a driver that wasn't offered by the OEM. I recently went to ASRock's site and downloaded the updated drivers for my motherboard for win10 which included many of the drivers that my driver-sweeper/driver-fusion said were several years old but the update did not fix anything in the list. I'm afraid to install drivers directly from many of the providers' websites for fear of bricking my system.

Any suggestions?

nottheman, Sep 27, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Your manufacturer provides drivers for your hardware and some software.
    Other software like acronis you need to update via acronis company.

Drivers that your manufacturen provides, only those you should not update them from other compagnies.

11. nottheman Win User
    Understood. I did update Acronis to the latest version... Are the newer bsod message still related to the same things? CCC was uninstalled but a newer version was available on ASRock site for my motherboard 990FX Extreme4 so the entire suite was reinstalled...

thanks!

nottheman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Repeated BSOD different errors... - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD different

2. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from1 Unexpected Store Exception2 Kernel Inpage error3 Memory ManagermentThe most frequent one is Unexpected Store Exception. For all 3, BSOD stuck at 0% and no minidump was created. What has been done:1...
  3. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from1 Unexpected Store Exception2 Kernel Inpage error3 Memory ManagermentThe most frequent one is Unexpected Store Exception. For all 3, BSOD stuck at 0% and no minidump was created. What has been done:1...
  4. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from 1 Unexpected Store Exception 2 Kernel Inpage error3 Invalid Kernel HandleThe first 2 seems to always cause BSOD without saving the minidump file. And they always happen when my laptop is idle during...
  5. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from 1 Unexpected Store Exception 2 Kernel Inpage error3 Invalid Kernel HandleThe first 2 seems to always cause BSOD without saving the minidump file. And they always happen when my laptop is idle during...
  6. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

7. Repeated BSOD with differing errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD with differing errors: Hello EveryoneSo For a Month I am getting BSODs fairly often, sometimes 2 a day sometimes 1 per week.Almost every time I can find something like this in the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x000000000000001e,...
  8. Repeated BSOD with differing errors

Repeated BSOD with differing errors: Hello EveryoneSo For a Month I am getting BSODs fairly often, sometimes 2 a day sometimes 1 per week.Almost every time I can find something like this in the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x000000000000001e,...
  9. Repeated BSOD with differing errors

10. [Windows 10] Repeated BSODs with different error messages

[Windows 10] Repeated BSODs with different error messages: Greetings, Issue My computer has been shutting down autonomously and displaying various error message on the BSOD. I have uploaded the DMP files onto my onedrive Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiOWFrsvLhaQkH8l-gYWWBR0obri?e=XDDS8u I have updated my computer from Windows 8 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A2CAA000