Windows 10: Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password

Discus and support Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Earlier today, my laptop hit a BSOD when I was trying to wake it from sleep mode, and since then, every time I try to boot it up, it hits the same BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenSteven Steven, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password

Earlier today, my laptop hit a BSOD when I was trying to wake it from sleep mode, and since then, every time I try to boot it up, it hits the same BSOD error, with the Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. This happens every time the laptop tries to power on as well as when it restarts.

Diagnostics and self-repair don't seem to be working. Windows 10 loads up the recovery options fine, but none of them seem to be helping or I don't understand what they'd do. I've tried restarting in Safe Mode/Safe Mode with Networking, but the same error occurs.

This is complicated by the fact that when I try to activate Command Prompt or check for a restore point, Win10 asks for my password, but doesn't accept my password as correct. I've been using the PIN system since I bought the laptop, so it's wholly possible that I just don't remember what I set as my password, but that doesn't change much.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. The laptop is oldish at this point, and I care most about retrieving my personal files from it at the very least, though of course I'd like to get it working again too. Any ideas?

:)

StevenSteven Steven, Dec 19, 2020
  2. C180K Win User

Password not accepted on live login

I'm unable to login to my PC, my password is not accepted, I'm using Microsoft live login, so I reset my password on line. New password works with all devices, so it's been changed. But still I'm unable to login in to my PC, except by using Safe Mode,
    although my password is the pre changed one. I can't change from live login to local login as option to change is not displayed.

C180K, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password

Unable to login using Microsoft account "incorrect password ...."

Hello Thomas,

I did those steps when the problem initially occurred. But again, when I try to log into the laptop, the user account is not accepting the previous or the new password. As mentioned in my initial comment, neither password is accepted during windows login, or
    safe mode login. HOWEVER, the old password is getting accepted during Command Prompt login.

Thanks!

ashishchandra, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password

1. Repeated BSOD, Unable to Login, Not Accepting Password - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD Unable

2. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  4. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to login, password which I know to be correct is not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login, password which I know to be correct is not accepted: After restarting my PC I noticed that the Lock Screen was asking for the Microsoft account password instead of the Windows Hello PIN that I normally use. After entering the password only to be told it was incorrect, I went through the password reset process and set up a new...
  6. Unable to login, password which I know to be correct is not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login, password which I know to be correct is not accepted: After restarting my PC I noticed that the Lock Screen was asking for the Microsoft account password instead of the Windows Hello PIN that I normally use. After entering the password only to be told it was incorrect, I went through the password reset process and set up a new...
  7. HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login: Hello. This notebook is 13 months old and is in good condition. I've had no problems with it until now. I turn it off each night and back on in the morning. I log in using a PIN. This morning it would not accept my PIN nor would it allow me to Reset it. It will also not...
  8. wireless-n repeater login/password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless-n repeater login/password: How can I reset the login/password to admin/admin? I must have changed it without remembering. I tried to reset to new network but got stuck on the admin/admin, any suggestions? Thanks Ric...
  9. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  10. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...