Windows 10: Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.

Discus and support Repeated BSOD, unsure of source. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer completely froze a few weeks back and so I had to force shutdown as it wasn't responding to anything, when I turned it back on, it Blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/3Smally3, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.

My computer completely froze a few weeks back and so I had to force shutdown as it wasn't responding to anything, when I turned it back on, it Blue screened, i tried several fixes I had found online, none of which worked, and so I reinstalled windows, this fixed the problems, for a day or so.

After that day or so, it Blue screened again when I turned it on, so I tried some other fixes I found online (I know very very little about computers) and one of them, which included typing some commands into command prompt (bootrec.exe was involved?) Did work, for a few days. My computer then Blue screened again.

I downloaded a completely clean install of Windows by deleting all partitions on my primary SSD (I have another SSD and a HDD with a lot of my games on them). This seemed to work, I downloaded the essentials back onto my primary SSD and started gaming again, only to find that when I shut down my pc, it Blue screened again, and it does so every time I turn it on.

Every time it hs blue screened it has done so continuously, once it does it, it will not allow me to launch without doing it again, not even allowing me to launch into safemode.

Does anyone have any experience with things like this happening or suggestions? I'm feeling like at this point it's a hardware issue but I know so little on the subject that I wouldn't know where to begin diagnosing that. Thankyou for any help or advice.

submitted by /u/3Smally3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/3Smally3, Dec 12, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Repeated BSOD, unsure of source. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 12, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Repeated BSOD, unsure of source.

1. Repeated BSOD, unsure of source. - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD unsure

2. Repeated BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSODs: Over the last week, I've had a handful of BSODs. I'm not really sure of the cause, and I would like some help in diagnosing them. I had a guess--it seemed to be related to a USB hub I recently started using--but I can't really be sure; the BSODs come at random, and I don't...
  3. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  4. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  5. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD daily - various issues unsure

BSOD daily - various issues unsure: Hi,Hope someone can help me. In the last month or so, my PC has been crashing to the BSOD daily, sometimes more than daily. The stop codes have been inconsistant. Memory Management comes up most often, with Unexpected Store Exception Kernal Data InPage Error also coming up. I...
  7. Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause

Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause: Hi, I am on a fairly new system of around 5 months old only, have a few games installed, but only this week I am facing BSODs, faced 5 crashes on last 3 days. I don't know the actual cause and I forgot to take note of the error codes, but I have the minidump files and the...
  8. BSOD unsure of how to move forward

BSOD unsure of how to move forward: Hello, i am having bsod issues. I had one about 7 or 8 days ago and i thought i had resolved by swapping out my hdd which was seemingly making the "click of death" noise. This is the recent minidump i have: BSOD I have tried running memtest86 and no errors pop up. I have...
  9. BSOD Unsure of what to do

BSOD Unsure of what to do: Hi guys looking for some advice here. I ran memtest86 and dont get any errors that come back i have also monitored temps for my cpu and doesnt seem to be overheating under load and also ran a stresstest on cpu and no crashes or anything. This is the minidump i got back....
  10. Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.

Multiple BSODs. Unsure of Trigger.: Hey All, I've had multiple BSODs over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I performed a fairly small overclock on my CPU and I believed this to be the cause of my BSODs. I reset the system to stock speeds on both the CPU and RAM and hadn't had any issues for a few days,...