Windows 10: Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A week ago, I had a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stopcode. After the restart, things seemed to be working normal so I didn't look too much into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaroleM, Aug 25, 2021.

1. CaroleM Win User

Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

A week ago, I had a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stopcode. After the restart, things seemed to be working normal so I didn't look too much into it. A few hours later, I realized that my speakers plugged into the back audio port were no longer working. I switched to my USB speakers which worked fine. After work I experimented with the other speakers and found that they worked fine when plugged into the front audio jack. But then I had another BSOD and after that the speakers stopped working again. I unplugged all speakers and things seemed to be ok for a few days, though I wasn't usin

:)

CaroleM, Aug 25, 2021
  2. obiwan Win User

Repeated BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) no specific application

Hi,

I have had repeated BSOD with message (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) on a Lenovo E550 running Win 10 Pro 6 bit (upgraded from win 8.1pro 64). It occurred:
    1. on sleeping, and
    2. seemingly randomly. i.e. with applications open, idle with no applications open

I seem to have got around (1) by unchecking the "Turn on fast startup" option in Power Options. but the BSOD continues to occur at other times.

I have used the Lenovo System update tool to update the drivers it can but have reached the limit of my current capabilities/knowledge so am looking for some help interpreting the dump files and troublshooting

Per BSOD posting instructions I've run the utility and attached the zip file to the post.

Thanks for any advice/direction.

obiwan, Aug 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 25, 2021
  4. Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Karthicka_R, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. Repeated BSODs with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Repeated BSODs DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been having this BSOD randomly, like about 5-6 times a day. I had noticed my Windows Defender, and BitDefender antivirus had been suspiciously uninstalled, as well as Windows Update services had been deleted somehow. I reinstalled the Update service using registry keys...
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  4. Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation: I have started to get the above BSOD frequently when I am using my computer. When I let it idle, it's fine, even for hours at a time. When I actively use it, however, it will BSOD at random intervals (~10-15 minutes after startup to about 90 minutes or so afterward). I have...
  5. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My windows 10 PC is crashing every few days. I haven't changed any hardware recently that I am aware of. Please have a look at my DMP file and let me know which device Windows is unhappy with. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R-FL3ot2YNcUX5j1DQ5QJ0JlDOdpMwCI Thank you,...
  6. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the...
  7. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  8. Repeated BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) no specific application

Repeated BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) no specific application: Hi, I have had repeated BSOD with message (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) on a Lenovo E550 running Win 10 Pro 6 bit (upgraded from win 8.1pro 64). It occurred: 1. on sleeping, and 2. seemingly randomly. i.e. with applications open, idle with no applications open I seem to...
  9. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Blue screen of death randomly happens saying to look up DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Have searched the internet for solutions and thus far have not found a fix that works. Solutions I have tried are: Update drivers, if it's a driver issue I can't find it Turn off quick start...
  10. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Please can you tell me how to debug using the attached debug files! And tell me what the error is! Dell XPS 730 Quad Core Extreme @ 3.0GHz, dual GTX560 Graphics, 8Gb Crucial Memory Thanks 33813