Windows 10: Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed

Discus and support Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 box has been randomly crashing for a bit of time now... I have attempted to update drivers because I thought maybe they were the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by birchoff, Feb 6, 2019.

1. birchoff Win User

Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed

My Windows 10 box has been randomly crashing for a bit of time now... I have attempted to update drivers because I thought maybe they were the problem. However the problem still seems to be persisting. Please find the dmp file from the most recent crash at the link below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KVpp0GZlbQgOOroGHJ4Rx0lU6WH1LQm8

:)

birchoff, Feb 6, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed [​IMG]

Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed [​IMG]

Still no boot. Moving on to the next step.

Borromaeus, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed

Repeated Crash-rebooting on Windows 10 - what hardware is at fault?

Brief overview
    About a couple weeks ago, my custom-desktop (built 2015) started hard crashing and auto-rebooting. The computer has crashed so many times at this point that I can barely keep track (like 50 times in 2 weeks). When I start it up in the morning, it works fine for a few hours, then it will suddenly crash, reboot, and then wait 5-10 min before crashing again and starts to enter the death-spiral of repeated crashes that become increasingly more frequent. Last time this happened (yesterday), it couldn't even get past the BIOS splash screen before another crash. Seems like a short circuit? I have tried a lot of troubleshooting steps so-far, and will list that out in detail below - but for those TL;DR, I am 98% sure it is hardware related, the question is, how to isolate what piece of hardware is at fault? How to test? motherboard or power supply or something else?

Computer Specs:

PS: EVGA 750W GOLD Power Supply

MB: Asus Z170-A, running American Megatrends BIOS 3802 3/5/2018 (UEFI)

CPU: Intel i5-6600K Skylake CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz

GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Troubleshooting steps taken thus far:

1. I dis-enabled auto-reboot (per suggestions online), and then when machine crashed again, it automatically rebooted, which clearly seems to indicate that the problem is not triggered by Windows.
    2. I checked the Windows Event Viewer, and here is what it looked like:
      Kernel-Power Event log
      There is no detail available beyond this event ID, because the machine apparently doesn't have a chance to write a dump file prior to crashing, which strongly suggests that it is a hardware problem. The crashes happened several times with no software running, so that confirms that hardware is likely suspect
    3. I opened up machine and thoroughly cleaned it and checked pin connections between power supply and the motherboard. I re-seated these connections, and it seemed to stop the crashes for 5-6 days, but then it started happening again.
    4. I updated BIOS to most current build available
    5. I installed a CPU temperature reading program to see if the i5-6600K is overheating. Here is a normal read-out (cold start)
      CPU Temp cold start
      followed by a read-out I was able to capture shortly after a crash. I don't know about you, but 57°C seems awfully hot for a processor. Makes me start to think that the processor is overheating? Which gets to the next thing
      CPU Temp after crash
    6. I have tried tweaking the BIOS to disenable overclocking but I am thus far unsuccessful - I don't know why the ASUS Z170-A motherboard is so hard to throttle down, the 'EZ menu' doesn't provide an easy option to just shut it off, and in Advanced mode, even with most settings in the 'AI Tweaker' panel disenabled, it still overclocks. Still looking for a good guide out there that can show me how to do this.

Can you provide any insight? I am at my wits end

Justin Kray, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed

1. Repeated crashes, what do I need to do to get it analyzed - Similar Threads - Repeated crashes need

2. What do I need to do to get WhatsApp to open correctly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do to get WhatsApp to open correctly?: I am running Windows 10 Home and after downloading WhatsApp Installer and and installing the program I tried to open it and it looks like it's going to open and flashes a screen and closes. I deleted WhatsApp and the installer and I went through the procedure again; download...
  3. What do I need to do to get WhatsApp to open correctly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I need to do to get WhatsApp to open correctly?: I am running Windows 10 Home and after downloading WhatsApp Installer and and installing the program I tried to open it and it looks like it's going to open and flashes a screen and closes. I deleted WhatsApp and the installer and I went through the procedure again; download...
  4. What do I need to do to get WhatsApp to open correctly?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  6. What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  7. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  8. what do I need to do?

what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  9. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. what i need to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    what i need to do: [ATTACH]pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-i-need-to-do/247d4883-f312-479a-94be-d2844d3773d5