Windows 10: Repeated Device Removal sound

Discus and support Repeated Device Removal sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by King Everything, May 21, 2020.

1. Repeated Device Removal sound

Hey everyone,

I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight.

I ran Process Monitor and filtered for any actions that were activating that Windows Hardware Remove.wav file and got the following results.

Google Drive link

Unfortunately, it all looks like French to me. I have no idea where to dig and what needs fixed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Let me know if any other details are required, and thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

System info:

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362

12 GB Ram

Intel Core i5-9400 2.90GHz

:)

King Everything, May 21, 2020

2. Repeated Device Removal sound

I'm 99.99% sure it's not a case of a loose connection or a case of something getting unplugged. Only the device removal sound occurs and it's only when the computer has been sitting idle and in sleep mode.

King Everything, May 22, 2020
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 22, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Repeated Device Removal sound

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Repeated Device Removal sound :p

cadaveca, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Repeated Device Removal sound

1. Repeated Device Removal sound - Similar Threads - Repeated Device Removal

2. Not sound when adding or removing a device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not sound when adding or removing a device: My sounds are gone when adding or removing a device... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-sound-when-adding-or-removing-a-device/b2688c1f-248a-45d6-9063-8bd0d7efcf43
  3. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  4. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device: This has happened a few times for me now. I found the fix, so I'm sharing it. I have fixed it each time by vacuuming out the port on the computer and the the USB wire end. Must have been a piece of dust or something interfering with the connection. Hope this helps you....
  5. windows connect/disconnect sound repeating for USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. usb device not recognized notification sound repeating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    usb device not recognized notification sound repeating: read the title submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrn4rl/usb_device_not_recognized_notification_sound/
  7. Repeated Device Removal sound

Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  8. Repeated sound

Repeated sound: The repeated sound problem can be caused if you selected a sound for closing programs and programs are closing by themselves. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeated-sound/70d34ed9-26b7-4ef0-b2a5-cc2e8524291f
  9. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound: Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default device, I get what sounds like a sound repeated over and over, echoing endlessly. The reason I switch between the two is to use my...
  10. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...