Windows 10: Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords

Discus and support Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For at least a month now I am getting repeated loss of my cookies and passwords. It only happens on my Win 10 desktop PC. I had a MS support session.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PABresler, Jul 29, 2020.

1. PABresler Win User

Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords

For at least a month now I am getting repeated loss of my cookies and passwords. It only happens on my Win 10 desktop PC. I had a MS support session. The latest Win 10 version was installed it took about 12 hours!. I changed virus protection to Malwarebytes and did a scan, removed PC mechanic. It happens virtually every day. terrible problem, costing me a lot of time.

Peter Bresler

:)

PABresler, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Issues with enabling cookies in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

Before proceeding could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “but the program seems to doubt it” what exactly are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

• What are the steps you have followed to allow cookies?
    I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned In the article to allow Cookies and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Issues while resetting Microsoft account password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while resetting the password for your Microsoft account.

As you have that after entering the code it asks you to enter the current password, I would suggest you to try the following steps and see if that helps.

1. Try resetting the password using in-private browsing. If you are using Edge or Internet Explorer press,
      Ctrl + Shift + P to open Private tab. If you are using Chrome, press
      Ctrl + Shift + N.
    2. Try clearing Cookies and Cache of the browser. Refer the article

Delete and manage cookies
      . To clear Cookies in Edge follow the steps mentioned below.

• Open Microsoft Edge and go to
      Settings and more
      > Settings > Privacy & security.
    • Under Clear browsing data, select
      Choose what to clear.
    • Select the Cookies and saved website data check box and then select
      Clear.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords

Passwords in Windows 8.1 Phone

We suggest that you clear cache and cookies by following the steps below:

• Tap the Internet Explorer live tile on the home screen.
    • Tap on the ellipses (...) at the bottom right.
    • Scroll down and tap settings.
    • Scroll down and tap delete history.
    • Tap delete to confirm.
    • Wait a few seconds for the cache and cookies to clear.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords

1. Repeated erasure of cookies and passwords - Similar Threads - Repeated erasure cookies

2. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk erasure: I want to pass on a couple of older computers and would like to 'sanitize' or erase the drives beforehand. The drives are partitioned into two sections, the C: section with my personal files and a D: section with recovery info. Erasing C: is straightforward but is it...
  3. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk erasure: I want to pass on a couple of older computers and would like to 'sanitize' or erase the drives beforehand. The drives are partitioned into two sections, the C: section with my personal files and a D: section with recovery info. Erasing C: is straightforward but is it...
  4. Hard disk erasure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. files security/erasure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    files security/erasure: would a 7 pass shred over files then factory reset prevent anything being recovered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-securityerasure/004c63d6-e11e-4e1e-91f6-ae19bfdd1d28
  6. Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit

Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit: As of yesterday, Microsoft Edge has started clearing stored passwords and logins, together with cookies from sites which are specifically set to be retained on exit. I've checked and rechecked the settings but they're all set to keep passwords and logins, and 'prevent...
  7. Win 10 don't remember cookies and passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 don't remember cookies and passwords.: I have an brand-new Laptop with Windows 10 Home SL. And my question is: Why must i every time when i open Facebook or want to use Youtube fill in my account with password? Every time the sites asking me will you that the password manager remember it i say yes. But why is...
  8. Repeat erasure of cookies and passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeat erasure of cookies and passwords: For at least a month now I am getting repeated loss of my cookies and passwords. It only happens on my Win 10 desktop PC. I had a MS support session. The latest Win 10 version was installed it took about 12 hours!. I changed virus protection to Malwarebytes and did a scan,...
  9. Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website: Hi, We have a situation where we would like to clear passwords / cookies on exit from Edge for a particular web site. Chrome has that function of 'Clear o Exit', can you pl. let me know similar function from Edge?...
  10. cookies???

in Browsers and Email
    cookies???: Running W10, (mostly) using Chrome browser. How do I delete cookies? Thanks in advance 45492