Windows 10: Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm getting an error when I try to run windows update. I stops on and asks me to uninstall a app on the pc. But when I try to uninstall that app, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CePa1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. CePa1 Win User

Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

I'm getting an error when I try to run windows update. I stops on and asks me to uninstall a app on the pc. But when I try to uninstall that app, the uninstall hangs when it looks for a file that doesn't exist in the pc.

:)

CePa1, Nov 5, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Hmm, this is Windows 10 1809 which is the most recent release which is now being succeeded by Windows 10 1903.

I would carry out the steps from my initial reply to reset your Windows Update components.

Also review the following:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1903

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Your configuration might not be listed yet, since it is just rolling out.

Ultimately, I would wait until the ISO file is available then upgrade offline using these steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

WIndows 10 SECOND_BOOT failure updating to 1903

It was impossible to tell from your initial post whether you could even get into Windows because of all the failure you described. Therefore to be absolutely thorough I gave you how to recover if you couldn't get Windows started.

I also included the check list for overcoming version failures which works from for 90% of those who try the steps.

Please confirm you tried all steps in that check list which works for 90% of the tens of thousands of people who I have helped while building that list. If not then I will continue to help you until the matter is resolved as long as you are polite and cooperative.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

1. Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Repeated failure update

2. Windows update 1903 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1903 failure: I have a windows 10 home edition in a laptop which is at software level of 1703. When I do windows update, Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 fails during restart with blue screen and the system is automatically reverted back to previous version prior to the...
  3. Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update: Hi I've had this now since at least September. I've tried just about every solution suggested on these forums and online. Everytime the same, it downloads, says it's installing but fails and then just repeats the process. I've been through the windows set-up process,...
  4. Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903

Repeated Windows 10 Failed Update 1903: My computer has twice now forced me to attempt to install Windows 1903 and both times it took an inexplicably long time to fail (not cool Microsoft, not that I can officially complain to you, you don't allow that option). The error message it gave me was 0xc1900101 which a...
  5. Windows 1903 Update Failure !!

Windows 1903 Update Failure !!: Hello, I am writing this post because for the past one month i am having problem in updating to windows 1903. I am using a HP laptop with a dead battery which doesn't work. Let me tell u where is my problem is happening, everytime it happens in the same place..I am having...
  6. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903: I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes for this error fail. I am down to the possibility of a PC reset but really don't want to lose all the programs. I can't...
  7. Failure Windows 10 1903 Update

Failure Windows 10 1903 Update: Hello Update 1803>1903 failed. I tried different things (fix tool, cleaning software distribution folder, manual installation) with the result that I could not install and my PC seized, I had to restore to a 06/06/19 restoration point that corresponds to a 1803 version. I...
  8. 1903 Repeated Update Failures

1903 Repeated Update Failures: I cannot successfully update my Windows 10 installation to version 1903. The system attempts to install, fails at around 24% and rolls back changes with the error code 0x8007042b. I have attempted a number of solutions (DISM, SFC, Uninstalling 3rd party AV etc). I...
  9. Repeated failures to update to version 1903

Repeated failures to update to version 1903: As documented in previous postings here, I've tried all of the suggested ways of installing the version 1903 update but continue to get "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Here are the Dropbox links for the Panther error logs as requested:...
  10. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures: I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but...