Windows 10: Repeated failure

Discus and support Repeated failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Repeated failure to update to install update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems KB4049411 and KB4033631... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenLomelino, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Repeated failure

Repeated failure to update to install update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems KB4049411 and KB4033631

:)

StevenLomelino, Aug 4, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 4, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Repeated update failure from 1511 to creators

So your disks are ok- good.

chkdsk
    Windows has made corrections to the file system.
    No further action is required.

CBS.LOG
    Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired

Now your Disk Management (which I've captured from your One Drive post and, using the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above a post here show here

Repeated failure [​IMG]

Suggests to me you have probably cloned or copied your boot configuration from one drive to another. Is that correct?

You have a scatter of Windows Recovery partitions and two EFI partitions - maybe you have more than one 16Mb System partition.

This is most likely why your system can't upgrade. You need to clean this up.

Delete all Windows partitions on your 'data' disk. To do that you will need a 3rd party partition manager to see if there is also a 16Mb System partition on it.

Noted F: & K: are listed but not shown on the image

Attachments: click 'Go Advanced' below your post to manage them.
    Use the paperclip icon to add.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Repeated failure

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Repeated failure

1. Repeated failure - Similar Threads - Repeated failure

2. Two step verification repeated failure to send code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two step verification repeated failure to send code: Hi,I am trying to access my recovery key via aka.MS/myrecoveryKey for future use to do an offline virus scan.When trying to logon from my Hotmail id it asks for my pin code which is fine and then to verify my identity by keying in the email recovery address shows part of it...
  3. Two step verification repeated failure to send code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two step verification repeated failure to send code: Hi,I am trying to access my recovery key via aka.MS/myrecoveryKey for future use to do an offline virus scan.When trying to logon from my Hotmail id it asks for my pin code which is fine and then to verify my identity by keying in the email recovery address shows part of it...
  4. Repeated failure to install 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated failure to install 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...: Hello, The 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185 failed several times to install of my computer, with the first attempt made on 7/12. I did not realize until today, as I never got any error message nor any warning. However,...
  5. Repeated failure to install 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...

Repeated failure to install 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...: Hello, The 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185 failed several times to install of my computer, with the first attempt made on 7/12. I did not realize until today, as I never got any error message nor any warning. However,...
  6. Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.: I recently cleaned my PC and re-installed Windows 11. I have been getting non-stop crashes and freezes. It doesn't always default to a blue screen of death but the PC just doesn't respond. This last time, my PC just failed to boot entirely.I also removed and then reinserted...
  7. Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.

Windows 11 repeated blue screen failures.: I recently cleaned my PC and re-installed Windows 11. I have been getting non-stop crashes and freezes. It doesn't always default to a blue screen of death but the PC just doesn't respond. This last time, my PC just failed to boot entirely.I also removed and then reinserted...
  8. Can repeated Windows update failure be avoided with next update to Windows 11 Pro 21H2?

Can repeated Windows update failure be avoided with next update to Windows 11 Pro 21H2?: My HP Envy x 360 IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Laptop fails to start after update which starts during sleep mode. After opening the laptop lid the screen is blank, no keys or external mouse active. Laptop is on AC power during sleep. No way to restart. Second...
  9. Can repeated Windows update failure be avoided with next update to Windows 11 Pro 21H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can repeated Windows update failure be avoided with next update to Windows 11 Pro 21H2?: My HP Envy x 360 IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Laptop fails to start after update which starts during sleep mode. After opening the laptop lid the screen is blank, no keys or external mouse active. Laptop is on AC power during sleep. No way to restart. Second...
  10. BSOD, VIDEO TDR FAILURE - Repeat issue for several months.

BSOD, VIDEO TDR FAILURE - Repeat issue for several months.: Every time this issue happens, the Hardware Error that appears in the reliability report shows something very similar to what's below. Any information or suggestions are welcome. i7 8700k @ 4400mhzNvidia GeForce 1080 TiMSI Gaming M5 Z370 Corsair CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 DDR4...