Windows 10: Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

Discus and support Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradEgelston, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

Hey everyone,

I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight.

This occurs ONLY when the computer is idle and it occurs in spurts. The hardware remove sound will occur usually in two's ten or twelve times, then it will go quiet. Then it will start again a few minutes later. No apparent errors in the device manager. As soon as I "wake up" the computer, the problem stops.

I ran Process Monitor and filtered for any actions that were activating that Windows Hardware Remove.wav file and got the following results that seem to point to Explorer.exe.

Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps 9b3e8476-7ce5-4fa6-a697-56b9486f0119?upload=true.jpg

Here are google drive links to two full Process Monitor reports that detail some pretty bad spells.

Google drive link #1

Google drive link #2

Attempted Solutions:
    1. Disabling the USB Selective Suspend Setting in the power/sleep settings hasn't fixed the issue.
    2. Disconnecting ALL usb devices keyboard, mouse, external drives, etc. doesn't prevent the hardware remove sound from playing when computer sleeps.
    3. USBLogView shows no activity. Only Process Monitor picks up what's shown and linked above.
    4. Clean Boot seems to help temporarily, but problem returns with minimal use.

EventGhost shows an error regarding x10 Remote, but I don't even know what that is. Possible culprit?

Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps ce808bdd-b8d9-4fb9-ab9e-5a1fe535eac8?upload=true.jpg

Let me know if any other details are required, and thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

System info:

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362

12 GB Ram

Intel Core i5-9400 2.90GHz

:)

BradEgelston, Jul 1, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Holydoc Win User
    Recovery Screen Appears When Computer Attempts to Sleep

Problem has returned.
    1) I boot up into Windows 10.
    2) When the computer tries to sleep, I get the Recovery screen.
    3) When Recovery Screen appears, I select "Reboot Windows"
    4) Computer boots into Windows 10
    Rinse and Repeat....

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Holydoc, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

No sound on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Jenica,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you run the Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot hardware and devices. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Playing Audio.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps

1. Repeated Hardware Remove.wav sound when computer sleeps - Similar Threads - Repeated Hardware Remove

2. Removing unwanted .wav file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing unwanted .wav file properties: I went on line and asked how, the answers are all the same but don't apply somehow... again.I recently bought a car with a CD player and decided to burn a custom CD for it. What can I say... I'm old.I followed all the instructions.Here's the problem, when I drag and drop a...
  3. Repeated Device Removal sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  4. Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.

Computer repeatedly making "Device Disconnect" Hardware Remove.wav sound.: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I'm...
  5. Repeated Device Removal sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeated Device Removal sound: Hey everyone, I've got an Acer Aspire TC-885 desktop that goes though "fits" where it repeatedly makes the Windows "Device Disconnect" sound like when you unplug a USB drive. There are no error messages that accompany these alerts. All connections and cables are tight. I...
  6. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  7. Windows Hardware Remove sound

Windows Hardware Remove sound: My new computer is around two weeks old. From time to time, the Windows Hardware Remove tones descending notes A, F, E sound. I rush to the computer, but there's nothing on the screen. Any open windows are usually contracted to a smaller size. I only have a wired printer, a...
  8. Repeated sound

Repeated sound: The repeated sound problem can be caused if you selected a sound for closing programs and programs are closing by themselves. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeated-sound/70d34ed9-26b7-4ef0-b2a5-cc2e8524291f
  9. No sound when playing old .WAV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound when playing old .WAV files: I have a CD with WAV files on it which are dated in 1994. When I go to play them using Groove or WMP they look like they are playing but produce no sound. These sound files used to play long ago (I don't remember when). Other WAV files ripped from music CDs work OK. Any...
  10. Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps when I Remove Headset.: Yeah, that's pretty much it. My computer goes to sleep when I unplug my headphones-not always, but often. This does not happen for other devices such as my mouse or earphones. Help? Thanks in Advance 31145