Windows 10: repeated messages - settings are wrong

Discus and support repeated messages - settings are wrong in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just signed in to microsoft using the most recent password set up in November. so why do I repeatedly get notifications from micosoft that my settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vickilou43#, Dec 4, 2019.

1. repeated messages - settings are wrong

Just signed in to microsoft using the most recent password set up in November. so why do I repeatedly get notifications from micosoft that my settings are wrong and that I need to reset my passord

:)

vickilou43#, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Leveller Win User

repeated messages - settings are wrong

Setting up a wifi repeater woes - all advice appreciated!

First off, setting up a wifi repeater is one of the most ridiculously painful experiences I have ever had with tech hardware.

The needs:

... to be able to repeat the wifi output of my Netgear DG834N v1 ADSL/router to the upper floor of my house through the Edimax wireless 300M Range Extender (EW-7416APn v2). To enable my iPad2, 3DS, laptop and anything else that roams to maintain connection and not suffer dropouts.

The questions:

1. How do I know that the roaming devices are using the repeated signal from the Edimax extender and not just grasping on to the weak signal from the DG834N downstairs?

2. Some advice on the net suggest the router and the extender share the same SSID, which seems logical. However some suggest that the router and extender need to be on different SSIDs - but if this were the case surely the devices would only connect to the same SSID and ignore the other SSID?

3. If they use different SSIDs will the devices automatically pick the strongest signal and switch to whichever SSID that is?

4. Some advice suggests using the same channel number for both router and extender, which seems logical. Some advice suggests using different channel numbers for the router and extender - if using the same channel number, does this create too much data and make the connection worse?

5. If using different channel numbers, will the roaming devices automatically choose the right channel number based on connection strength?

6. While using the program WirelessMon I can see both the router and extender and their respective signal strengths, channel numbers and SSIDs - but there is no way of telling if the repeater is in fact repeating the routers signal - is there any software that will show that?

7. Is there any one trusted source for setting up a wifi repeater?

8. Will my hair grow back?

Leveller, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

repeated messages - settings are wrong

1. repeated messages - settings are wrong - Similar Threads - repeated messages settings

2. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicked wrong setting: I wanted to download a pkg file from google but when clicking on it I accidentally set it to always open in chrome. Is there a way to reset it to the one where it was at before...
  3. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicked wrong setting: I wanted to download a pkg file from google but when clicking on it I accidentally set it to always open in chrome. Is there a way to reset it to the one where it was at before...
  4. Clicked wrong setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Autopilot error message repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autopilot error message repeatedly: Why am I getting this message:Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported. HRESULT: 0x80070491 File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128 Message: NULL...
  6. Autopilot error message repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autopilot error message repeatedly: Why am I getting this message:Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported. HRESULT: 0x80070491 File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128 Message: NULL...
  7. The message could not be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver the message, the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The message could not be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver the message, the...: Impossibile ricapitolare il messaggio. Nonostante i ripetuti tentativi di recapitare il messaggio, la query nel DNS Domain Name System per le informazioni sulla posizione del dominio del destinatario non è riuscita. Perché?...
  8. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated "Restart Required" Messages: I am careful to update my PC when updates are available. Currently, my Windows 10 displays a message when booting up for the first time, "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus." Normally I use earbuds for...
  9. What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages

What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages: what does"the device or resource (wpad.Home) is not setup to accept connections on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" mean? I have a brand new computer and laptop but am getting these messages on both repeatedly. Can someone tell me what this is? I have had my internet...
  10. What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages

What is wpad.Home? Repeating messages: what does"the device or resource (wpad.Home) is not setup to accept connections on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-wpadhome-repeating-messages/c62bebfb-d992-41fc-a8ab-2e8ad91ac63c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is wrong with windows settings