Windows 10: repeated prompts to verify account

Discus and support repeated prompts to verify account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All, I had a BSOD after a reboot post one of the recent patch updates and since then I can't get verify your account to last more than a few... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilFigot, Sep 26, 2018.

1. NeilFigot Win User

repeated prompts to verify account

Hello All,

I had a BSOD after a reboot post one of the recent patch updates and since then I can't get verify your account to last more than a few reboots without being asked to verify my account again.

Things I've tried.

1. reset my PC keeping settings (this seemed to work to recover from the BSOD until I noticed the account issue this thread is for - all other programs worked fine after)

2. ran the troubleshooter - I can't remember now what it said it found, but after it said it fixed something it made no difference

3. removed MS account, signed on as local account, added MS account back (suggested by MS in chat)

4. reset my MS account password (though I was able to get in before so it wasn't that I didn't know the password) - suggested by MS in chat.

5. joined test program to try beta for next update - no change
    6. went back to cloned copy of drive, but sadly it was a copy after the BSOD reset settings option I did so it has the problem with the account verify request rinse repeat even after verification says successful
    7. found threads via Google search for others having same problem, but like me they don't seem to contain results that have worked.

These might not be in the order I tried them though it is probably fairly close as much as I can remember over the last few weeks I've had this issue.

no joy on any of this - option 8 seems to be wait for the upcoming update and if it doesn't fix it go for the ever dreaded full reinstall from scratch though would rather avoid that if possible.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Neil Figot

:)

NeilFigot, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Prompting for verifying the account on Windows 10.

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

Note: Please do not create a new thread, please do post in the same thread.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the extra and non primary account on the computer.

Step 1: Before deleting the non primary account, I suggest you to take backup of all the important files and folders in the account on the external hard drive.

Step 2: Then I recommend you to login to the primary user account and then remove the extra user account.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on User Accounts and then clicking
    User Accounts.

4. Check to make sure if your is Administrator account or not.

5. Then click on Manage another account.

6. Select Remove the account.

7. Follow the instruction to remove the account.

8. Restart your computer.

Note: If your primary user account is not a administrator account,

1. In the account page, then click on Change Account Type.

2. Select Administrator Account
    and click on change account type.

3. Restart your Computer.

Step 3: I suggest you to login to the computer and try to verify the user account on the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with verifying email account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2018
  4. repeated prompts to verify account

Prompting for verifying the account on Windows 10.

Hi Eddie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that we can not send the verification email of live mail to Outlook.com account. The verification email will be send to the particular email address.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "verify my account", are you trying to verify old live mail address on the computer? Are you trying to verify the device in the user account settings of Windows 10?
    • When you say that "I sign in to my Microsoft account with my outlook.com e mail and password", are you signed in as Outlook.com account or Live mail address on the computer? Which account is configured as user account on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article as a reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...fy-an-email-address-in-your-microsoft-account

Please get back to us with an update on issue with verifying email account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

repeated prompts to verify account

1. repeated prompts to verify account - Similar Threads - repeated prompts verify

2. Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key: Hi, anyone facing this problem recently of getting prompt to enter bitlocker recovery key? im using a ms surface pro6 and had to enter my recovery key every time i restarted my device over the last two days. Appreciate some help here. thanks!...
  3. Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365: Hi All, I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive. Having one Excel sheet on onedrive pinned to the Excel icon. Worked well, but this spring I got several warnings: MS-Outlook 365...
  4. Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel (365) prompts to sign in to verify account - feature disabled...: Office 365 (1903 - 11425.20202) When launching Excel a "Sign in required"- bar shows up. "Sign in a ... outlook.com to verify the account associated with your Office 365 subscription." but when I sign in, I am getting an error: "This feature has been disabled by your...
  5. verify account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    verify account: I want to verify my account for I keep being told my details etc are out f date. However I have forgotten my password and despite many times being told that a code has been sent to my email address (and the one displayed on screen is correct) no emails have arrived. I can't...
  6. Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?: Hi. I notice that some programmes I have installed ask me to verify the user agreement every time I start them, not just first time round. I assume that this is some quirk of Windows 10? Is there something I need to do to make my agreement 'stick'? Thanks. 118651
  7. verify account

in Windows 10 Support
    verify account: When you change your account credentials for your MS account, specifically changing the email address.....why is there a 30 day wait period if you only have an email account to use to verify. If you have a mobile phone, you're instantly given a text with the code. Some of us...
  8. Verify Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Account: Thanks guys,,,,,I took the bull by the horns and clicked on it and it does seem that its because I have changed computers and somehow changed it myself. I will just have to wait a month. This is what I got when I clicked it,,still cannot understand their misspelling though....
  9. Verify account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify account: More out of curiousity. But yesterday the notifications on my desktop popped up with a prompt about verifying my account on the PC. I obediently clicked onto it which took me to accounts where I saw the 'verify' awaiting. I clicked it and it then went away without anymore pop...
  10. Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials: I use Outlook 2013 for four different email accounts - two hotmail. com accounts, one outlook.com account, and one sbcglobal.net POP account provided by AT&T via Yahoo. Beginning a week or so ago, I've started getting password prompts throughout the day for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft prompts me to verify for everything

2. microsoft account repeated prompts to verify

3. remove verification account for windows