Windows 10: Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings

Discus and support Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get a screen message From Windows about twice a week saying my account needs to be fixed, followed by a parenthetical message that says that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ClydeJennings1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings

I get a screen message From Windows about twice a week saying my account needs to be fixed, followed by a parenthetical message that says that my password has probably changed. The first two times I clicked on it, got the Windows?Setting page, re-entered my password and all was fine. BTW, my password had not changed. Is this a scam of some sort a pretty complicated one, to spoof such authentic looking Microsoft pages or perhaps a glitch that will go away with the next release of Windows?

:)

ClydeJennings1, Jul 13, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 13, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings

1. Repeated Requests to "Fix Account" in Windows/Settings - Similar Threads - Repeated Requests Fix

2. Fixing repeated BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing repeated BSODs: Need help identifying and fixing BSOD errors. I have .DMP files saved to OneDrive and will wait for further instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-repeated-bsods/fcdc7ad0-4235-4776-b214-23b23d9ac659
  3. Fixing repeated BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing repeated BSODs: Need help identifying and fixing BSOD errors. I have .DMP files saved to OneDrive and will wait for further instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-repeated-bsods/fcdc7ad0-4235-4776-b214-23b23d9ac659
  4. "Settings" "Apps & features" Requesting Sign-In of Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings" "Apps & features" Requesting Sign-In of Wrong Account: Using Win11 Pro, version 21H2, if I visitSettings, Apps, Apps & featuresThe second row is yellowish and says "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices."I click "Sign in""Windows Security" asks for my PIN and I enter it"Microsoft"...
  5. "Settings" "Apps & features" Requesting Sign-In of Wrong Account

"Settings" "Apps & features" Requesting Sign-In of Wrong Account: Using Win11 Pro, version 21H2, if I visitSettings, Apps, Apps & featuresThe second row is yellowish and says "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue app experiences across your devices."I click "Sign in""Windows Security" asks for my PIN and I enter it"Microsoft"...
  6. Repeated requests for password on Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeated requests for password on Microsoft Teams: I get frequent requests for my TEAMS password. I have changed it daily and did so this morning. I was asked to confirm my password about 20-30 minutes later and put in the new password. I am told it wrong. This has happened day after day! This also happens on Skype I...
  7. OneNote 2016 repeated login requests

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2016 repeated login requests: I'm using OneNote 2016 on my Windows 10 machine. I'm also using the app on Android. Nearly every time I start OneNote 2016 on Windows 10 it prompts me to login. Sometimes it even prompts me for my login ID and password. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it, but that...
  8. Screen time repeated requests?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time repeated requests?: Why is it possible for my son to re-request additional screen time when I have turned down his first request? When my son has about 15 minutes left of the allotted screen time he receives a pop-up enabling him to request more time. If I grant his request he gets more time...
  9. iCloud account settings out of date - in Mail REPEATEDLY

iCloud account settings out of date - in Mail REPEATEDLY: Hi, I am repeatedly getting the Mail app telling me that my iCloud account settings are out of date - despite repeatedly inputting a fresh app specific password. I thought for a bit that the passwords might have a short lifespan - but I can't find any details of this being...
  10. Update 10, Run Windows trouble shooter, fixed, Repeat.. Repeat... Repeat..........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 10, Run Windows trouble shooter, fixed, Repeat.. Repeat... Repeat..........: Hello Community, This is my first ever post. I bought a refurbished laptop (no win 10 disk just key) from Best Buy and I have been having trouble with a few things. I have done almost every YouTube fix video, Windows help, forums with the same issue bought system mechanic,...